Spring Makeup Favourites 2019.

Over the past month I feel like I’m falling back in love with makeup again, I’ve discovered a cracking foundation that delivers glowy skin and a couple of rediscoveries that have switched up my makeup routine for the warm weather. My criteria is natural looking makeup that lasts throughout the day, if it ticks those two boxes I’m off to a good start. Here are some of my current makeup favourites that I’ve loved for spring, and I’m sure I’ll be reaching for throughout summer…

So, that foundation I mentioned, I’m still a It Cosmetics CC Cream girl through and through, but I was lucky enough to partner with Dior on an Instagram post (absolute dream come true) for the launch of their new Forever Skin Glow foundation*, and it’s become another favourite for everyday. It has a thin consistency that’s really blendable and provides a medium coverage, set with my usual powder it doesn’t transfer or cling to my skin throughout the day, even past 25 degrees that it seemed to hack this past weekend! Yes I wear spf everyday anyway, but the Dior foundation has the added bonus of spf 35, pretty bloody impressive.

shop my favourites

Go back even two years ago and the majority of my makeup was powder based (oily skin problems), now it’s pretty much the opposite, especially for my everyday makeup. The Lumene Watercolour in Pink Blossom* is summer skin in a bottle, it’s light, blends beautifully and leaves that a healthy glow rather than rosy – just ran a half marathon – finish like so many other blushers do. Last year I fell head over heels for the L’Oreal Paris Glow Mon Amour Highlighting Drops*, I’m still all over it. It’s the best, most natural looking highlighter I’ve ever tried. It lasts well throughout the day, doesn’t clog my pores/ cause any breakouts (I’ve been there with so many cream highlighter products!), again, glowy skin in a bottle. Also, I completely forgot to include it in the photos, but being as pale as I am I can’t really go without bronzer, my most reached for at the moment has to be Nars Laguna. It’s a classic for good reason and a product I’ll definitely be repurchasing.

I rarely ever stray from a nude these days, but when I fancy something different I usually reach for MAC Patisserie, I’ve spoken about it so many times before, but it’s the perfect summer pink for me. For day to day I tend to apply this over a lipliner (something like Charlotte Tilbury’s Pillow Talk), then dab off the excess with a tissue to leave what almost looks like a stain on the lips. It’s natural looking but perfect when I want to add just a little colour.

Honestly the amount I bang on about the It Cosmetics Superhero mascara is probably becoming quite annoying – sorry about that – but you know when you find something that ticks all the boxes? I’m yet to find something that competes. Yes it’s £20 about 3 months, but it’s absolutely worth it. It holds a curl, adds volume, length and definition. Small warning, I tend to just wear one coat and that does the job, anything else and it can look a lil clumpy.

So there you have it, my makeup favourites from spring 2019, what are the staples you keep reaching for?

Any products marked with * were very kindly gifted, this post does contain affiliate links, but as always, all opinions are my own.

Never miss a post and follow my blog on Bloglovin’

Youtube / Twitter / Instagram / Facebook

22 responses to “Spring Makeup Favourites 2019.”

1. Laura says:

Looking glowing! Love the sound of the Dior foundation, their bases are always really nice x

• Jodie says:

Thank you lovely lady, it’s beaut! I hadn’t tried one of their foundations before now, but it’s definitely made me want to try more x

2. Your makeup looks absolutely gorgeous and that lip colour is so perfect for Summer! I love the sound of those highlighting glow drops, have you mixed them into your foundation or just as a highlighter as I find drops much better when I mix them in! xx

• Jodie says:

Thank you so much Caroline. I can’t believe I haven’t tried mixing them with my foundation yet, I think they will be perfect for that too. They seem to blend in with my skin nicely, and I do have an oily t-zone so have to be careful not to put too much glow around my nose/ forehead!

3. Sarah says:

The Dior Forever Skin Glow Foundation is one of my favourites, I love it.

4. Lucy says:

The Dior foundation sounds dreamy! I still want to try the IT Cosmetics CC Cream though!

Lucy | Forever September

• Jodie says:

They’re both really good, the It Cosmetics CC Cream has more coverage and works really well all year round for me!

5. Lisa Autumn says:

Oh I just love It Cosmetics cc cream right now!

x Lisa | lisaautumn.com

6. Lauren says:

Your skin looks incredible. So healthy and glowy. I’ll have to check out that Dior foundation and those highlighting drops. Every cream or liquid highlighter always seems to cake though x

Lauren | http://www.bylaurenmay.com

• Jodie says:

Thank you Lauren! It’s definitely behaving at the moment and the makeup definitely helps haha! I try to apply it with a beauty blender or my fingers and I find that makes a difference for me and it seems to mesh with my skin better/ look more natural!

7. Arianna says:

I’ve heard nothing but good things about the Dior foundation. It looks incredible.

Arianna | Southernbelleforever.com

8. Candice Sandler says:

The Loreal highlighting drops looks amazing! I hope it launches in South Africa soon

Candice x

natalyaamour.com

9. I love the L’Oreal Highlighting drops! And I’m really curious to try the Dior Forever foundation.
    I loved the blog 🙂

Susana
    My Boudoir

10. Your makeup looks so radiant and natural! I love it and these products sound so perfect for this time of the year x

Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.co.uk