My Next Chapter.

Well, this wasn’t a post I had scheduled to write. I didn’t think I would ever share this but for some reason it feels right now. I’ve been keeping quite a big secret, in January I found out I was at risk of redundancy (incase you don’t know, I blog mostly as a hobby and work full time as a social media manager). Previously when I heard of people being made redundant I pictured huge businesses that went bust, I know it’s not something people think about on a regular occasion, but never in a million years did I think that one day it would happen to me… Pretty naive and uneducated about it all to be honest.

Over the past few months by head has been all over the place. I’ve considered everything, going full time with my blog, working part time on my blog, part time somewhere else. Literally every option I could have took, I’ve considered it. For me that was the most frustrating part of it all, not knowing what was next, the fear of the unknown and change that I ‘might’ not like. I cried, spent hours looking for jobs with nothing that got me excited. It was a constant battle of shit, what do I do? No gut feeling about what was right and just having to plod along and see what happened…

“Even a negative situation causes us to grow. That means everything is ultimately of our own good.”

Having said all of that, I tried my absolute best to not be a negative nancy, I’ve never searched through Pinterest for positive quotes so much in all my life. The whole thing has just reinforced how important it is to look at everything that’s going good, and focus on that. I’m not going to sit here and list them, but really I’ve got so much to be grateful for, regardless of whether my job is at risk or not.

3 months on, after being pushed out of my comfort zone without warning, it’s lead me to get a job as a Digital Marketing Executive at an agency, honestly, it’s the dream job, one that gets me really excited and gives me a gut feeling that it’s the right move. I’ve been able to take a big career move earlier than I thought possible. I have no idea what the next chapter will bring, but I’m not worried, I’m excited, as scary as change feels at first, ultimately it can always be turned into a positive.

I hope if you’re in a similar situation or have a career change coming up that this is helpful in some way. It’s not easy, but you never know what’s around the corner, and it might actually turn out to be a good thing…

Here’s to whatever comes next!

Photos by @amifordphoto.

Never miss a post and follow my blog on Bloglovin’

Youtube / Twitter / Instagram / Facebook

March 13, 2019 / 9:06 pm

Thank you Sophie, definitely worth it in the end!

1. March 13, 2019 / 3:11 am

This is amazing! Good for you! I graduated from university last June and since then I’ve been trying to figure out what I want to do career wise, and I can totally understand not feeling excited about anything. I spend hours a week combing through job postings having a tough time imagining myself in any of the jobs I see. I hope that something similar happens for me. Everything happens for a reason, as they say! This has been really inspiring. Thank you.

-Georgia | http://www.thestatesofgeorgia.com

March 13, 2019 / 8:56 pm

Thank you for your comment Georgia! I hope so too, for me experimenting with different job roles definitely helped me find what it is I enjoy most. I’m sure you will find what you’re looking for! x

2. March 13, 2019 / 6:04 am

Congratulations on the new position and the exciting times ahead!
    I know exactly how you felt those couple months and it’s bloody tough, takes a lot of energy, and it can be hard to turn you thoughts around and focus only on the positives. But you did it! 🙂 x

Teresa Maria | Outlandish Blog

March 13, 2019 / 8:54 pm

Thank you! Definitely, I’m so excited. Really appreciate your comment x

3. March 13, 2019 / 9:33 am

Congrats on your new job! I really hope it goes well. Change doesn’t always have to be a bad thing after all x

Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.co.uk

March 13, 2019 / 8:53 pm

Thanks so much, agreed, it’s worked out well!

4. March 13, 2019 / 10:52 am

Congratulations Jodie! You’re going to be amazing! I truly believe everything happens for a reason and that everything will work out in the end! I’ve struggled with chronic illness for 3 years, losing my job 2 years ago. It has totally turned my life upside down, but I’m looking at it as positively as possible – there must be a reason for pushing me down another path, I just don’t know what it is yet 😊

March 13, 2019 / 8:52 pm

Aw Stephanie, thank you so very much! So sorry to hear you lost your job, try to stay positive, you will find your way! x

March 13, 2019 / 8:50 pm

Thank you Jess, summed it up completely 🙂

5. Diana
    March 13, 2019 / 4:26 pm

Wow, good for you Jodie! Life changing moments like this are scary, but often they lead to good. I’ve found my career as a teacher, but it took me many years, many jobs, and many moves to figure it all out. One step at a time! Good luck with your dream job xx

March 13, 2019 / 8:50 pm

Thanks so much Diana. So glad to hear you’ve found something you love and enjoy, I guess the journey to get there is all part of it x

March 13, 2019 / 8:49 pm

Thank you! x

March 13, 2019 / 8:49 pm

Thank you so much Danielle, really appreciate it!

6. March 14, 2019 / 7:42 am

Yay! That’s such great news and it seems like your negative situation almost forced you out of your comfort zone and into a whole new job and career development. I’m currently going through a similar thing – I want a change and am forcing myself to take new steps, which is scary. This has given me hope, so thank you! xx

Jessie | jessie-ann.co.uk

March 19, 2019 / 7:59 am

Thank you so much Jessie! So glad to hear that, if you want a change and really know it then it’s so worth it, I’ve got my fingers crossed for you, everything works out in the end 🙂

7. Lisa Autumn
    March 14, 2019 / 4:52 pm

Congratulations girl! SO proud of you!

x Lisa | lisaautumn.com

March 19, 2019 / 8:01 am

Thanks so much Lisa!

8. March 18, 2019 / 1:03 pm

Your pictures are great and o is your story. I am going through something similar, so thanks for sharing 🙂
    Greetings from Vienna