It’s my birthday! I’m 23 and for some reason that sounds so much older than 22 to me. This is the first time I feel like a new age number has some significance (apart from when I was 18 and could actually go out without using someone else’s id…) anyway. I’m properly, fully getting in my twenties now – you know?
Today I thought it would be a good to just sit back and think about all the positive, amazing things that have happened since July 15th 2017, and think about my plans for the next year.
Apart from the wedding, moving to a completely new city and the other massive life changes that have happened, something I’m most proud of is how far I’ve come as a person. Changing jobs has given me such a confidence boost, it’s pushed me out of my comfort zone and made me realise that I’m capable of more than what I thought. I was so caught up in a bubble where I wasn’t really challenging myself, and that had a knock on effect on how I viewed my ability for everything. I’ve realised change can be such a positive thing, something that only becomes scary once you view it that way.
In terms of my blog I’ve been able to work with some of my absolute favourite brands – including Charlotte Tilbury! I remember seeing other bloggers at a Charlotte Tilbury event 2 years ago and I thought just how much I would love to be there – and it happened. It’s honestly one of my blogging highlights so far, it hit home that if I want something in life I need to work towards it, keep hoping and it will happen.
I’m also starting to figure out exactly what it is I want to do (atleast it feels like I am anyway, who knows?). I’ve always created goals for myself but never been too strategic in how I go about achieving them. This year I want to make sure I have a plan to help to get to exactly where I want to be. I also really want to focus on cherishing the friendships I already have, making new friends and just surrounding myself with positive people. Since moving it’s made me realise just how special the people in my life are, and I’m definitely making even more time for them this year.
5 highlights at 22
1) My hen do! What a weekend that was. The amount of effort and organising that went into it was just amazing – still feeling very lucky!
2) Becoming a Mrs. If you’ve read my wedding content you’ll know how much I loved our wedding day. It was everything I wanted it to be and more. I’ve only been married for just under 3 months, but honestly it’s bliss.
3) Finally having a relaxing holiday. Granted, it was our honeymoon, but it’s made me realise just how wonderful a beach holiday is and I’ll definitely be making it a more regular thing rather than constant city breaks
4) Attending more blogging events. I can’t narrow it down to pick just one, but the excitement and buzz I get from going to events is like nothing else. It’s something I’m definitely going to be doing more now I’m closer to London.
5) Furnishing our new home. I’m so pleased with all of our furniture picks so far, we still need a couple more mirrors, rugs and decorative bits but the house is really coming along and it’s just so nice to see.
22 has been my favourite age, and I feel like since my last birthday it’s been the best year of my life. I’m about to spend the rest of evening eating mars ice cream, doing a bit of online shopping thanks to all the birthday discount codes (h&m home and Topshop tysm), and waiting for my husband to get home so we can watch Love Island!
Never miss a post and follow my blog on Bloglovin’
Youtube / Twitter / Instagram / Facebook
This post may contain affiliate links and pr samples