Four To Try

I flippin’ love doing 4 To Try posts so I’ve decided to bring them back! I like the idea of being able to talk about more random products in my beauty routine that would probably get left behind without these posts…

A lovely product I’ve barely spoken about that definitely deserves a mention is the ByTerry Ombre Blackstart in Frozen Quartz. It’s a pigmented stick eyeshadow that’s the perfect balance between creamy and smooth. It leaves a soft, shimmering shadow behind that can be left rich in colour or blended for a more subtle finish. The shade Frozen Quartz is a soft sparkling pink, one of my favourites for spring. Also – how gorgeous and insta worthy is the packaging!?

Another gem that my eye makeup routine thanks me for is the Urban Decay Primer Potion, it’s the only primer that keeps my eyeshadow in place! I recently had my wedding makeup trial, the MAC paint pot in soft ochre was used and that just wasn’t enough for my oily eyelids! It made me realise how amazing the primer potion is at not only keeping eyeshadows in place but making them appear more vibrant.

My final makeup pick is the Iconic London Illuminator in Shine*. This is without a doubt one of the most beautiful highlighters I’ve ever used. I don’t go mad with this like those Instagram videos you see, I just apply a small amount (by small I mean tiny) to the top of my cheek bones, a little on my nose and below the brow too, then blend it out with a damp beauty blender. Considering how pigmented this looks at first, once blended it leaves a beautiful, lit from within look. I can see myself getting a lot of use out of it in summer and on my honeymoon – eek!

A skincare product that’s quickly become a holy grail in my routine is the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. If you follow me on Instagram or twitter or watch my vlogs you’ll know I was complaining about breakouts before Christmas, thank fully they have pretty much cleared and the drying lotion has been a massive help. I apply this in the evening to any blemishes that are raised and by the morning they have either gone completely or are on their way to healing. As you only apply this directly to the blemish the rest of your skin is clear, and I haven’t experienced any dryness what so ever. If you suffer from breakouts then I highly recommend using this to clear them up fast.

So, they’re four things I thought were worthy of a mention in this post…

This post may contain affiliate links… Products marked * are PR samples.

21 responses to “Four To Try”

1. Maiyabellexo says:

I love the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion! xMaiya | http://www.maiyabellexo.co.uk/

2. Candice Petersen says:

The iconic illuminator is definitely on my list of items I really want to try.Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

3. Megan Lillie says:

Oh my gosh, that highlighter looks amazing! I need it in my life!Megan. xoThumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

4. Lucy Cole says:

That highlighter looks sooo gorgeous!! I've heard so much about the drying lotion too, I think I'll have to give it a try. xxLucy | http://www.lucy-cole.co.uk

5. Jessie-Ann Lewis says:

I love the UD Eyeshadow Primer – I used to use it constantly. I need to give it another go! xxJessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

6. Sophie Wuthrich says:

I'll be trying out the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion for my breakouts, heard so many great reviews about it!-Sophie xxCherries & Perfume

7. Charlotte Morgan says:

I love the Iconic highlighters, as they are so stunning! Lovely post xxwww.styleandsplurging.net

8. Charlotte Lane says:

I absolutely LOVE the UD Primer Potion – it's completely bullet proof, such a fab product! The ByTerry eyeshadow stick in Frozen Quartz sounds lovely and I adore the shade of it xoChar | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

9. Caroline Malone says:

I'm always super nervous to try out liquid highlights as I always apply to much but I'm so needing to try out those Iconic ones and good call on probably only using a tiny amount! I need to repurchase my UD primer potion, I have barely any primers for my shadows but so many pigments and foiled shadows that really need a primer and that one is such a fail safe product to me! xxwww.iridescentplaces.com

10. The Makeup Directory says:

I love these one off review posts and I always come away with extras on my wish list! I love the look of those Iconic highlighters so definitely adding that to my wish list!The Makeup Directory

11. Layla Sprinkles says:

Loving the look of all these products – they look and sound fab! 🙂 Hope you're having a lovely week and can't wait to see more!Layla xxhttp://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

12. Honey_R.L. says:

Oh I love this type of post. I was thinking of doing something similar cause, as you said, these are random and usually wouldn't get the place on the blog. great!Unfortunately, I don't own any of these, but I've really wanted to try the highlighter, it looks amazing :)xo Honey – blog Royal Lifestyle – Twitter – Instagram

13. Danielle Alexa says:

I really want to try the Iconic Illuminator Drops, they always look so stunning whenever people use them!Danielle xxhttp://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

14. Gemma Louise says:

Frozen Quartz has become my most reached for eyeshadow over the past couple of weeks – I've picked another one up in a Cult Beauty collab I'm doing because I've basically ran out!! I actually love it so much at the moment. Also used to be a huge fan of the UD primer but the new formula just isn't working for me, although I did buy Eden so I might try the original again! xxGemma Louise

15. Arianne says:

That illuminator is gorgeous! I like the Frozen Quartz, too, but I don't know if I particularly can pull it off.https://ariannecruz07.wixsite.com/ayre/beauty

The urban decay primer potion is the best eyeshadow primer I've ever tried – will always repurchase!Lucy | Forever September

17. Megan Elizabeth says:

I swear by my primer potion! And so many people have been raving about the Iconic highlighters, I need one in my life! xwww.itsmeganelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

18. Jasmine Stewart says:

I honestly don't know how I managed eyeshadow without the UD primer! I forgot to put it on once and couldn't believe the differenceJasmine xx Jasmine Talks Beauty

19. Prettiful Blog says:

I haven't tried any of these, but Shine looks beautiful!

20. Anonymous says:

I haven't tried any of these, but the iconic london illuminator and the urban decay primer potion are definitely on my wish list!! sarahsarahaurorax.com

21. Sharon Elsie says:

The Iconic Illuminator and Urban Decay primer are definitely on my list of items that I need to buy. I love Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. It really help with my acne and scars, it’s amazing. Great review. Sharon Elsie | diva-in-me.com