2018 Goals.

Happy New Year Everyone!
My last post was all about reflecting on 2017, so today I wanted to set myself some new goals for the year ahead. I don’t make resolutions as such but I find setting goals, whether big or small things a really helpful way to keep me on track with creating the best year possible! I’m definitely driven by goals and seeing results along the way, here are some things I hope to achieve in 2018…

The main goal…
Take fitness and healthy eating that one step further
Each year I get better and better at healthy eating, and I’m hoping to make 2018 the year it becomes natural to me. Honestly, this Christmas has probably been the worst for me, over the past 2 weeks I’ve been so unhealthy. As a result I’ve felt ill – headaches, stomach aches, tired… I’ve also noticed I have a lack of concentration and my skin has never looked this dull. It’s made me realise just how crucial a good, balanced diet is.

In terms of fitness I have finally just took the plunge and I now have a PT. I’ll still be going to the gym but I’ll be following a meal plan and doing workouts set by him. I do have some body goals that I would like to achieve, but, my main priority is to feel the best I’ve ever felt in 2018.

Other goals
Continue creating content for YouTube and reach 2,000 subscribers
One of the best things I did in 2017 was create a YouTube channel, and I don’t want to let that slip in 2018. I’ve set myself the goal of 2000 subscribers by the end of the year. I don’t usually put too much pressure on myself in terms of numbers, but I think having that figure in my head will encourage me to upload once a week. My channel is here if you’re interested!

Reach 15k on Instagram
A quick plug to *my instagram*  seen as though I’m trying to reach 10k… I’m so grateful that my hard work in 2017 paid off, I managed to triple my following and reach just over 9k which I’m pretty proud of. Now, I really want to reach 15k+ by the end of the year.

Plan/ start my own business
This is something I’ve thought about a lot in 2017 but never took any actions towards. I have some ideas but after the wedding I really want to bring those to life. Writing my blog and managing the whole business side of things has made me realise that I would love to work for myself eventually. Potentially watch this space…

Carry on reading The Secret and practise it day to day
I started reading The Secret at the end of November, and honestly it’s changing my life! I love the message it gives and I’m a firm believer in the law of attraction. I have a feeling it’s going to help me achieve my goals this year.

So, they’re my 2018 goals. By May I will finally be a Mrs and I’m so excited for what this year has to bring!

This post may contain affiliate links… Products marked * are PR samples.

28 responses to “2018 Goals.”

1. Shan says:

This was such a lovely read! Hope you manage to smash all your! I can’t wait to watch some wedding and fitness content on your YouTube channel! Have the best 2018!Shan x

• Jodie Melissa says:

Thank you Shan! So glad you liked it, I'm having my hair and makeup trail today which will be up on my channel soon! Hope you have an incredible 2018 x

2. Katie Leask - La Coco Noire says:

i really want to try out a PT this year! and whip my butt into shape haha. ahh amazing that you want to launch your own business, i really hope that works out well for you. if you put in the hard work you'll soar, girl! ive heard of the secret before! i really, really need to read that one. wishing you all the best for 2018, lovely! katie. xx lacoconoire.com

• Jodie Melissa says:

haha that's my plan! Thank you, I need to pin point exactly what I want to do yet but hopefully it will work out. You definitely need to read it, I think everyone should! Hope you have an amazing 2018 x

3. Charlotte Morgan says:

I love reading everyone elses goals for the new year, and I love the ones you're setting yourself! I've been loving your recent youtube videos and I can't wait to see more from you! Happy new year! xxwww.styleandsplurging.net

4. Kristy says:

I love reading these kinds of posts, I'm definitely with you on the whole making goals rather than resolutions. Good luck with your goals, I'm sure they're all achievable and I can't wait to see your content this year. XxKristy | http://www.thevioletblonde.com

5. Jessie-Ann Lewis says:

I definitely want to take my fitness and healthy eating a step further too. I was doing well but have been ill over christmas and feel like I'm back to square 1! Best of luck for 2018 hun, I know you're going to smash it! xxJessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

• Jodie Melissa says:

I think it's a gradual process and has to become a real lifestyle change, I'm kind of using that as my excuse as to why it's taking me a few years haha! Hope you're feeling better now, thank you! From what I saw you had an amazing 2017, can't wait to see what you get up to this year πŸ™‚

6. Liv Slack says:

Loved reading these goals, I second the fitness thing (I've been so unhealthy over Christmas it's mad) hope this year is a good one for you xxLivlivwrites.co.uk

7. Lauren Victoria says:

I love your goals! I can't wait to see how your blog journey continues throughout 2018. Sending all the best wishes xxLauren – itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

8. Gemma Louise says:

I can't wait to see what 2018 brings for you Jodie, so exciting!! You will easily hit that insta goal girl xxGemma Louise

9. Sophie says:

Good luck with your goals! I love The Secret! I'm starting The Magic by the same author (again!) it's one of my faves xxSophie | SophiesMakeup

10. Daisy Green says:

Happy New Year Jodie <3 I'm sure you'll reach all of your goals & I can't wait to see what 2018 has in store for you xx

11. Charlotte Lane says:

I'm positive you will smash every goal you have set yourself! I'm looking forward to watching more of your YouTube videos, as your channel is one of my faves! I'm excited to see you start your own business as well πŸ™‚ I hope 2018 is amazing for you xoChar | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

• Jodie Melissa says:

Aw Charlotte, you're so lovely. Thank you for being so fab this year, there will definitely be more YouTube content from me. Hope you have an amazing 2018 x

12. Danielle Alexa says:

Healthy eating and fitness is one thing that is always on my list for a new year, but I always seem to push it back through!Danielle xxhttp://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

13. Megan Elizabeth says:

One of my goals for this year is fitness too! I've become SO lazy and put on so much weight πŸ™ We'll do it gal! xwww.itsmeganelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

14. Chloe Louise says:

I've just started reading the secret but I need to put it into action! Can't believe I've only just been properly introduced to the law of attraction!Cloe X http://clxelouise.blogspot.com

15. Anu Ali-Raatikainen says:

I hope you reach all your goals! My main goal is the exact same, I ate so healthy in 2016 but last year was a bit of a rollercoaster when it comes to healthy habits… I'm actually going to start pilates this week and I also have a gym card so hopefully I'll be able to get back on track this year :)xAnu | Based On blog | Bloglovin