Reflecting on 2017.

It’s that weird stage inbetween Christmas and New Year when I start to reflective on the past year and what’s to come… Everyone else has the same feeling, right?
I feel like I’ve blinked and 2017 has gone, one thing I love about writing my blog is that it’s almost like having a dairy. Looking back over the goals I set myself over the past year – until now I didn’t actually realise just how far I had come! I also love looking through the camera roll on my phone, it brought back so many memories from the past year that I had completely forgot about.

In a nutshell, for me 2017 was all about self improvement. At the beginning of this year I felt settled into my new job after uni, and I pretty much knew what I had planned for the year from the get go. As cheesy as it sounds I made it my goal to focus on myself and becoming a better person. I realised my confidence was holding me back from doing what I really love and enjoy – creating content. This year I’ve switched up my blog and I’m creating more lifestyle posts, aswel as the occasional fashion post which is something I never thought I would be doing at the beginning of the year!

A massive step for me this year was starting my YouTube channel, just here! It’s something I had wanted to do for years but I felt so self conscious about it, one day I just decided to go for it and I’m so glad I did. It’s made me realise that if there is anything in life you are unsure of, it’s always best to atleast try it, because it may be one of the best things you do.

This year a lot of wedding planning happened, I travelled to Barcelona, Berlin & Bath, York and Cornwall. I also reached my saving goal which was a massive achievement for me, and it feels good to know I do have atleast some self control! My Instagram grew and I’m nearly at the 10k mark, which was never something I even considered, and I got to attend so many amazing events and meet some lovely bloggers along the way.

So, although looking from the outside this year seems like it’s been a little boring, it’s actually been a really positive and productive one. I have a feeling 2018 will definitely be more eventful with the wedding, and I can’t bloooomin’ wait!

This post may contain affiliate links… Products marked * are PR samples.

1. Abi Street
    December 29, 2017 / 8:55 am

It sounds like you've had a wonderful year Jodie – you should be super proud of all your achievements! I hope 2018 is amazing for you Abi | abistreetx

• Jodie Melissa
      December 29, 2017 / 8:00 pm

I did Abi, feeling so grateful for it! Thank you so much… I hope you do too!

2. Lucieleannexo
    December 29, 2017 / 12:36 pm

Loved reading this post. I didn't realise you had started a YouTube channel so I'm going to check that out now too.Happy New Year!Lucie xo | lucieleannexo.wordpress.com

• Jodie Melissa
      December 29, 2017 / 8:00 pm

Thank you Lucie! Glad you liked it, hope you like my channel 🙂

3. Charlotte Lane
    December 29, 2017 / 2:13 pm

I'm soo pleased for you Jodie, you deserve everything great that comes your way! I'm really happy you started your YouTube channel because I thoroughly enjoying watching all of your videos 🙂 xoChar | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

• Jodie Melissa
      December 29, 2017 / 8:05 pm

Thank you so much Charlotte! You're so lovely and your support and positivity throughout this year has really kept me going at times, so I'm really grateful. Hope you have a lovely New Year x

• Charlotte Lane
      January 9, 2018 / 2:15 pm

I'm really happy to hear that Jodie! I'm soo glad my support and positivity has kept you going 🙂 xo

4. Caroline Malone
    December 29, 2017 / 3:22 pm

This sounds like such a great year for you, self improvement is so important and something I'm looking into for my next year goals! Your YouTube channel is amazing, I wish I had the courage to start one haha! xxwww.iridescentplaces.com

• Jodie Melissa
      December 29, 2017 / 10:04 pm

It really was, I hope you had an amazing year too! Thank you so much, honestly for 8 years I didn't but then I just realised that life is too short! x

5. Danielle Alexa
    December 30, 2017 / 6:27 pm

It looks like you have achieved so much in one single year. I cannot wait to check out your blog in the new year!Danielle xxhttp://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

6. Ambar Syed
    January 1, 2018 / 10:00 pm

Ooh sounds like you've had a lovely year Jodie! I love your YouTube channel! Here's to an even better 2018 :)- Ambar xwww.herlittleloves.co.uk