Brand Focus: Laura Mercier

A few weeks back I invited down to London to a beautiful Laura Mercier masterclass event, I got to learn more about some of the cult Laura Mercier products and their beautiful new Flawless Fusion foundation.
I wanted to do a brand focus and go through my absolute favourite products from the brand…

If you’re a regular reader then what I’m about to mention will come as no surprise – The incredible Translucent Loose Setting Powder! It’s been my HG powder for over a year now, I look past the rather bulky packaging and take it everywhere with me. This sets my makeup without it looking cakey and makes everything last throughout the day. If you have oily skin or just like to use your concealer/ foundation then this powder is the one. Also, at the masterclass they mentioned that out of everything in Sephora this is THE best selling product – I think that says it all!

When it comes to finding a foundation I like it’s always a struggle, I’ve tried so many that don’t work for my skin and look amazing at first but a mess after a few hours.

The Flawless Fusion foundation is super pigmented, and offers a full coverage that’s long wearing, but it’s still incredible light weight on the skin. I love Estee Lauders Double Wear, but if you feel like that’s a little too heavy and still want the coverage I would highly recommend this. It’s definitely more suited towards those with an oilier skin type as it does set to a fairly matte finish. Having said that it doesn’t look cakey but just leaves the skin looking flawless. I haven’t had issues with transferring and it lasts pretty much all day on my skin (except around my nose which needs a little touch up – standard for me with any foundation).

Laura recommends using your fingers or a sponge with this, I don’t usually use my fingers to apply foundation but I agree that it really helps to blend this foundation well, or I like using a damp beauty blender. My shade is 1N1 Creme which is the perfect match, it’s pale with a neutral tone, more on the yellow side rather than pink which I like. If you like a full coverage I highly recommend.

SWATCHES FROM LEFT TO RIGHT
1) Lipstick in shade Milkyway
2) Lipstick in Temptation
3) Lipliner in True Red
4) Flawless fusion foundation
5) Foundation primer – radiance

I go through stages with lip liner, when I do remember to wear it I love it and find it makes a big difference to my overall look. The Laura Mercier lip liners come with a sharpener which I just think is the best thing ever and so handy- it’s a good sharpener too! They are a little on the pricey size at £19, but the formulation is perfect. They’re creamy without being too waxy and don’t feel dry or scratchy at all. I’m definitely going to see what everyday shades they do, although True Red is going to be perfect for Christmas makeup looks.

Lastly I have to mention the gorgeous lipsticks, I already had a mini of the shade Milkyway in my collection so when I saw Temptation I knew I was going to love it. I love the sleek black packaging and Temptation is a beautiful red shade that’s going to be perfect for Christmas, it works well with the lipliner too for a long lasting, bold red lip.

Do you have any favourite products from Laura Mercier?

This post may contain affiliate links… Products marked * are PR samples.

1. Parie
    October 26, 2017 / 6:50 pm

I need a new foundation and this sounds perfect!! May have to get it soon x

2. Pumpkin Lemonade
    October 26, 2017 / 8:49 pm

I absolutely love Laura Mercier – everything I've tried from the brand has been great! I love the Loose Setting Powder, the Matte Radiance Baked Powders, and the Caviar Eye Sticks. The Flawless Fusion foundation is next on my list to buy!Pumpkin Lemonade

3. Ana Céline
    October 27, 2017 / 7:30 am

Beautiful pictures! This lipstick looks so pretty, I love this shade for this season xxwww.anacelinelabod.com

4. Amber Gregory
    October 27, 2017 / 10:59 am

I am obsessed with pretty much everything Laura Mercier.. From their powder, to their bronzers and highlights. The quality is incredible and I love the sleek packaging. I will never not repurchase the loose translucent powder!Amber xwww.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

5. Frances
    October 27, 2017 / 3:52 pm

Literally the translucent powder has been on my wishlist for the longest time! I must get it xxFrances Kayleigh | Fashion Beauty Lifestyle

6. Carolina
    October 27, 2017 / 4:43 pm

The only product I have from Laura Mercier is one that everyone has: the translucent loose setting powder! It's amazing I've been enjoying it a lot. Next I wanna try the foundation too xxCarolina's Makeup Life

7. mika
    October 27, 2017 / 6:59 pm

Temptation looks gorgeous! I'm so picky when it comes to reds, this one is so rich and is really my kind of color. And I've heard so much talk about the Translucent Powder. It's no joke that it's one of LM best products! I have the Secret Brightening Powder and it's pretty okay but not amazing. My favorite products from LM are the Caviar Stick Eye Colour, there are such beautiful shades. I also wanted to quickly say I'm loving your yt channel :)xoxowww.hellohimawari.com

8. Gemma Louise
    October 27, 2017 / 9:12 pm

The Flawless Fusion Foundation sounds so so perfect for me! I have dry skin but I still get oily so I always opt for a matte foundation and at the moment I'm preferring more lightweight ones. I definitely need to pick up a sample of this xGemma Louise

9. Charlotte
    October 29, 2017 / 8:24 am

Their translucent setting powder is the one and only product I have tried from them and I adore it! I've always wanted to try their hydration primer but I haven't heard a lot about it. The foundation sounds so lovely but I get quite dry cheeks and forehead so I don't think it would work as well for me.Charlotte / Charlotte's Picks

10. cindyhyue
    October 30, 2017 / 12:22 am

The lipstick shade looks absolutely beautiful!! One of my favorite foundations was from Laura Mercier but I wasn't a fan of the packaging as it got a bit messy. I was hoping they'd repackage but it looks like they've discontinued the line. I'll need to test out some of the other foundations to see if I can find a comparable one in finish/formula!Cindy | http://www.cindyhyue.com

11. Ashley
    October 30, 2017 / 9:01 pm

These look so pretty! I have hardly tried anything Laura Mercier because of the price tag, but I may have to bite the bullet for the new foundation. http://thebookwormbeauty.com

12. Charlotte Lane
    October 31, 2017 / 2:24 pm

I'm loving your photos in this post Jodie! The Flawless Fusion foundation sounds amazing, I'll definitely be checking that out and the Milkyway Lipstick looks like a lovely shade xoChar | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

13. Ena
    July 24, 2018 / 4:43 am

I recently did my make up lesson by Lina Cameron , hearing this my sister-in -law send me few sephora sets from U.S.A. I got two laura mercier powder from two of my sets. Though I am not a pro, till I love this powder so much! <3 This suits me so well, makes my makeup long lasting. And my face looks really gorgeous simply and I love this so much! <3