5 Easy Ways To Update Any Room

When I realised I was going to be moving back into my family home after uni, I knew that one of the first things I wanted to do was update my room and give it a bit of a makeover. I’ve picked up a few things recently for my bedroom that have transformed the space, so I thought I would share them with you!

PRINTS
One of the major ways I’ve updated my room is by switching up the wall space. I’m actually collaborating with Desenio on this post, I’m sure you’ll all have heard of them before, but if you haven’t it’s basically an amazing site that offers an easy way to find beautiful prints and frames. I’m in love with their collection of botanical prints, I’ve been sticking with blush pink, grey, green, white and gold for my room and theres so many prints that fit that.

Another thing I love about Desenio is how easy it is to find matching frames that I know will be the right size. They also have sections on the site with inspiration on which prints to pair together which I found really useful.

If you want to shop at Desenio yourself: The code “jodiemelissa” gives 25% off posters* between 31st October – 2nd November. *Except for handpicked-/collaboration posters and frame

CANDLES
For something so small they add so much to a room for me. Anthropology do some gorgeous candles in beautiful packaging that double up as ornaments, I have my eye on this one at the minute. Most of the time I do tend to stick to simple packaging, my favourite luxury brand is Jo Malone, but at the BloggersFestival a couple of weeks back there was a lovely company there called Chelsea Candle. Their coconut candle is my personal fave, a few candles in different sizes clustered together looks amazing, especially when lit.

A RUG
It’s a simple change but adding a rug to a room makes a massive difference. For me it added more warmth and filled a space that seemed so bare. It’s also a good way to bring together a colour scheme too.

CUSHIONS
I’m still obsessed with fluffy cushions, I love these from West Elm but I actually found a good dupe from Tesco a couple of weeks back! Home Sense and TKMAXX are also amazing for fluffy cushions. I love layering different colours and textures, again for something so small it can add a lot to a room.

VASES & FLOWERS
I spotted this beauty on Instagram a few weeks back and knew I needed it. The gold holder makes it so much prettier than an ordinary vase, I’m excited for peony season because I think they’re going to look gorgeous in this. I really do think spending money on flowers is well worth it, they transform a room and make such a difference. If I had a bigger space I would also pick up some house plants.

This post is in collaboration with Desenio

This post may contain affiliate links… Products marked * are PR samples.

1. Chloe Louise
    October 31, 2017 / 9:32 am

I definitely need to purchase some new cushions and fairy lights to make my room more cozy!Cloe X http://clxelouise.blogspot.com

• Jodie Melissa
      November 4, 2017 / 5:31 pm

Fairy lights are the best aren't they! x

2. Amber Gregory
    October 31, 2017 / 10:03 am

I have already said when I finish uni and move back home I want to finish my room how I want it to be! Love the prints. I will definitely be purchasing new cushions to make my room cosy!! Amber xwww.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

• Jodie Melissa
      November 4, 2017 / 5:32 pm

Cushions make all the difference! There's nothing better than a room update xx

3. Chelsea
    October 31, 2017 / 12:31 pm

Loved this post Jodie! The prints look gorgeous – I love Desenio for prints! I love your other picks too, the Chelsea Candle sounds amazing xxohsomint.com

• Jodie Melissa
      November 4, 2017 / 5:32 pm

Thank you lovely! I'm so happy with them, my walls were bare so they've made such a difference 🙂

4. Diana Maria
    October 31, 2017 / 10:38 pm

Prints and candles add so much to your room! I have so many of those and fairy lights. Living back at home with a nice room I feel the need to decorate and it makes me feel much better about living at home. Your room looks very simplistic and lovely xxSending light & love your way, My Lovelier Days

• Jodie Melissa
      November 4, 2017 / 5:50 pm

Yeah they do, I definitely need to invest in some fairy lights. Thank you, I try to keep it as simplistic as possible x

5. Ariadna Morell
    October 31, 2017 / 10:51 pm

Flowers add such a nice touch to any room, I love buying fresh flowers every weekend! There's nothing bette than some colourful flowers to brighten up the grey London sky! xAriadna || RAWR BOWS

• Jodie Melissa
      November 4, 2017 / 5:51 pm

I do too, It's my little weekend treat haha! x

6. Charlotte Lane
    November 1, 2017 / 12:35 pm

Ooh those prints are gorgeous and I can imagine your room looks soo lovely from these little snippets we've seen! I'm absolutely loving all of your content at the moment – you're smashing it 🙂 xoChar | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

7. Polly Snell
    November 7, 2017 / 4:40 pm

Love the prints you've chosen! They're lovely.www.pollysnell.com

8. Gemma Louise
    November 7, 2017 / 8:13 pm

I love candles, I actually must have so many scattered around every room in my house! I also love a good fluffy rug, it instantly makes a room feel so much cosier xGemma Louise