Transitional Pieces Your Autumn Wardrobe Needs

In the past any spare money I had went on beauty products (which I definitely don’t need more of), these days I’m much more into investing in my wardrobe…
The concept of a capsule wardrobe fits my lifestyle perfectly, instead of buying things willy nilly I’m making a conscious effort to pick timeless pieces that will see me through a season, and go with everything in my wardrobe. Here are my top transitional clothing pieces that your wardrobe needs, that not only see me through the end of summer, but autumn and winter too.

I’ll start off with TOPS
A good white blouse is an essential for me, they can be dressed up or down and go with so many different bottoms. The blouse pictured is from ASOS and I’ve already got so much use out of it (although take caution with the sleeves when wearing it out for dinner…). I can’t mention tops without sharing the love for slogan t’s, I’m so glad they are a trend! I have this one on my radar, the navy blue makes it perfect for A/W. Some of my faves this year have been from Topshop. They are perfect for layering under cosy jumpers and like the blouse, look good with everything.

JUMPERS, well thin knits…
At one point my winter wardrobe was pretty much 50% thin knit turtle neck tops, I live in them in the colder months! They work perfectly for this time of year when it’s a little cooler but not quite coat weather yet. I love this stripped one from Matalan too, and it’s a bargain for £10!

Before getting one I never realised how much a FAUX FUR GILET would fit into my wardrobe, I wear it with pretty much everything and it’s one of those things that never seems to go out of fashion when the weather gets cooler! I love wearing it over jumpers and long sleeves blouses too, I’m after a black one now I wear my brown/ grey one so much.

BLACK LEATHER SKIRT… Jeans are something I always have in my wardrobe and do wear a lot, but when I want to wear a skirt a my black leather one is something I always reach for. I’m not a massive fan of wearing tights but with a leather skirt I think it can look quite nice.

In terms of shoes for this awkward transitional weather I think a good pair of LOAFERS and ANKLE BOOTS are staples. I’ve raved about this pair from ASOS enough already but I just love them, so comfortable and for real leather they are a bargain. I do still wear my vans a lot too, they haven’t left my feet for most of the year to be honest. Annoyingly my favourite leather ASOS loafers are out of stock at the minute, they kind of remind me of the gucci ones but a fraction of the price.

What transitional pieces have you bought recently?

This post may contain affiliate links… Products marked * are PR samples.

1. Leighanne sheila
    September 10, 2017 / 1:49 pm

Absolutely love this ✌ autumn and winter are my favourite seasons..i love jumpers jeans and fillets there so comfortable ❄⛄�� x

2. Sinéad
    September 10, 2017 / 6:42 pm

Lovely pieces.. boots are such an essential in autumn. On the look out for some comfy new ones xSinead | Dreaming Again

3. Ariadna Morell
    September 10, 2017 / 9:15 pm

Ankle boots are such a must for me, they have saved my life in so many occasions! xAriadna || RAWR BOWS

4. Kris
    September 11, 2017 / 6:44 am

These are such awesome picks, I love wearing my thin knits and boots too! Also, black leather skirts are amazing!!Have an amazing day!xx Kris | https://dreamingofpink.wordpress.com

5. Lauren Victoria
    September 11, 2017 / 7:36 am

These are all such gorgeous pieces! I recently got out my fur gilet and I've missed wearing it so much. It's so cosy and easy to just throw on over a cute top xxLauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

6. Heather Nixon
    September 11, 2017 / 7:53 am

Ankle boots are definitely staples for me! xwww.ofbeautyandnothingness.co.uk

7. Ana Céline
    September 11, 2017 / 11:16 am

I love all of these pieces! I'm so excited for Autumn 🙂 xxwww.anacelinelabod.com

8. Chloe Louise
    September 11, 2017 / 11:53 am

I never ever, ever wear skirts, but I definitely want to invest in a leather one this Autumn! I always see people wearing them and they look so nice and go with almost everything.Cloe X http://clxelouise.blogspot.com

9. The Makeup Directory
    September 12, 2017 / 3:36 pm

I don't own a leather skirt but I think I need one, I love the look of them with jumpers! Definitely something I want to invest in for autumn!The Makeup Directory

10. Danielle Alexa
    September 12, 2017 / 6:16 pm

I love this post and I adore this time of year for the transition period. My go to at the minute is thin knit jumpers, leather skirts and ankle boots. Really simple, yet pretty outfits!Danielle xxhttp://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

11. Gemma Louise
    September 12, 2017 / 8:17 pm

I can't be without my vans, they are so comfy! I need to invest in a black leather skirt, I can imagine it would fit in perfectly with my style xxGemma Louise

12. Rebecca Austin
    September 14, 2017 / 11:27 am

I bought the most amazing black slouchy jumper from urban outfitters. It looks perfect with skirts and high waist jeans and is so soft and cosy!

13. Charlotte Lane
    September 14, 2017 / 12:22 pm

I have two faux fur gilets and I'm so excited to start wearing them again! They always look soo nice and make any outfit seem a little less casual xoChar | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk