The Perfect Nude Lipstick from Charlotte Tilbury

Going into a Charlotte Tilbury store and walking out empty handed is impossible, everything is just so beautiful!
I popped in the other day and ended up leaving with a new edition to my lipstick collection from the Matte Revolution range, and it looks like it’s going to be my go to nude for the autumn months.

The lipstick in question is Very Victoria from the Matte Revolution collection – known for it’s incredibly comfortable formulation and soft matte finish. I’ve have a few of the lipsticks from the range and they are definitely some of my favourites. I have quite dry lips naturally and for me they are comfortable to wear all day without any drying. One thing I will say is that if you are used to a matte lipstick lasting 6-7 hours on you then these may disappoint as I have to top up every 4-6 hours depending on the shade – however with a lip liner they do last longer and for the finish I think it’s worth it.

Very Victoria is actually inspired by the absolute babe Victoria Beckham! It’s a cool toned taupe nude shade with a hint of purple which really helps to make the teeth look whiter. Nude lipsticks are a go to for me but finding the perfect tone can be tricky, a lot of them will either look too dark or wash me out. Luckily Very Victoria really is the perfect nude shade, the cool undertone and matte finish make it gorgeous for this time of year too.

Like the other Matte Revolution lipsticks the formula actually contains 3D glowing pigments, for me this is the game changer that makes it the perfect nude over other lipstick I’ve tried. My lips look plump and hydrated rather than flat and dull like a lot of other products I’ve used do. The formula is also made up of oils and waxes which really does help make wearing a matte lipstick all day everyday possible.

I wanted to compare it to Bond Girl, which as you can see is a little darker with more of a berry tone to it. In the swatch you can also see the 3D particles I mentioned earlier, such a clever way to add dimension to a lipstick without taking away from a matte finish.

A bit of an old school style post but a lipstick as beautiful as this deserves it’s own post in my eyes. Do you have a favourite shade from the matte revolution range?

This post may contain affiliate links… Products marked * are PR samples.

20 responses to “The Perfect Nude Lipstick from Charlotte Tilbury”

1. Amber Gregory says:

Charlotte Tilbury's packaging is just to die for! Who wouldn't love a rose gold lipstick?!www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

2. Floraestchic says:

I really wanna try the shade Pillow Talk! But this one look so pretty too!

3. Charlotte Lane says:

I love this post! Your photos are beautiful as well!! The shade Very Victoria is right up my street and I need to add this to my ever growing makeup wishlist 🙂 xoChar | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

4. Charlotte Morgan says:

That shade looks absolutely stunning! Beautiful photos as always xxhttp://styleandsplurging.net

5. Hannah Morris says:

I love CT lipsticks and this is a really gorgeous one! Very Victoria looks like a really stunning shade. Beautiful photos too xxHannah | luxuryblush

6. Lotte says:

What a stunning shade, so need this in my collection!Lotte | http://www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

7. Caroline Malone says:

I have Bond Girl and now I think I really need to get Very Victoria as well! This is beautiful and love that it's still got that creamy formula even for a matte shade which is so ideal in the winter months when my lips are a bit drier! xxwww.iridescentplaces.com

8. Wildfire Charm says:

Omg, this shade is so pretty for autumn! I love it xwww.wildfirecharm.com

9. Jessie-Ann Lewis says:

This is such an amazing shade for this time of year! I love it xxJessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

10. cindyhyue says:

Bond Girl + Very Victoria are my two favorite shades from the range!! Totally reminds me to bring them out for Fall! I have Pillow Talk + Glastonberry but tbh they're definitely lesser loved in my collection. The Matte Revolution lipsticks are definitely a great investment if they're well used in your collection!Cindy | http://www.cindyhyue.com

11. Emily Vyse says:

I only have one Charlotte Tilbury lipstick in the shade "walk of shame" but it is my absolute favourite. This looks gorgeous too xxwww.millievyse.blogspot.co.uk

12. Shiana Jarvis says:

I adore this shade! I got this in one of her quick and easy kits last year and it knocked Bond Girl off the top spot for me! :)Shiana xx Shiana Jarvis

13. Danielle Alexa says:

Very Victoria is the most incredible shade that I have in my collection, I reach for it all of the time!Danielle xxhttp://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

14. PetiteElliee says:

OKay I need this in my life http://www.petiteelliee.com Ellie xx

15. Jennifer Frank says:

LOVE very victoria, such a pretty shade! jen, velvet spring x

16. Carolina says:

I love every single color of lipstick that CT has! I don't know why I haven't bought any yet! xxCarolina's Makeup Life

17. Gemma Louise says:

I believe Very Victoria is the most recent addition to my CT collection and I agree, it's such a beautiful shade! I have Bond Girl too and they're both so perfect for A/W xxGemma Louise

I really want bond girl, such a gorgeous shade!Lucy | Forever September

19. Beeing Sophie says:

This is so strange as Very Victoria is the shade I CURRENTLY own and Bond Girl is the shade on my wishlist! Great minds think alike? I adore the formula of CT lipsticks; by far the best i've tried, as it's not too drying and lasts really well. I haven't tried the lip liner though, you may have sold it to me! It's just whether i get a lip liner to go with my existing colour, or go all out with Bond Girl AND the matching lip liner… oh decisions!Bumble & Be

20. Richard Butler Creagh says:

It's a great lipstick and the shade is perfect for both day and night wear!