Reflecting On My Summer Goals

You may remember a few months back I decided to scrap the monthly goals thing and opt for setting myself seasonal goals instead.
Before I go on to set my autumn goals, I thought I would bring you all up to speed with what I’ve been up to this summer and how I’ve got on. I’ve much preferred setting myself seasonal goals rather than monthly

‘Take more outfit photos’
I can successfully tick this off the list, I’ve loved creating different kinds of content and trying out something new. I still love beauty but I do feel like my interests are changing, and I’m glad I’ve been able to incorporate that into my blog. I don’t get the opportunity to create fashion content much because my other half who helps me lives away, but we have lots planned over the next few months so hopefully there will be more to come.

‘Start a YouTube channel’
Guys, I did it! I’ve actually started a YouTube channel – here if you haven’t already had a look *pls subscribe*. It’s been something that I’ve wanted to do since I was 14, so to actually have the courage to upload something was a pretty big milestone this year. To be honest, I haven’t loved YouTube as much as I thought I would. I don’t know whether it’s because I’m a newbie, but I’m going to still give it a go and hopefully invest in a more practical camera so I can document my travels over the next few months. Sit down videos are fun to film but they feel a little too formal for my liking.

‘Learn photoshop’
This hasn’t been so successful, in my defence I’ve been so busy over the past few months and I haven’t prioritised it. I’m sure it will be something I come back to, but for now I’m going to once again neglect it… sorry not sorry

‘Practise Yoga’
Again, not as successful as I imagined. I made the effort to do a couple of practises, but I’ve actually found a few other ways to relax that suit me a little better. I’ve always thought of yoga as being a good way to de-stress and unwind, but I’m such a busy body it just doesn’t work for me. I prefer short bursts of mindfulness practise instead or listening to a podcast for 30 minutes. Thinking back I probably should have set the goal of relaxing more, which I definitely have done.

This post may contain affiliate links… Products marked * are PR samples.

10 responses to “Reflecting On My Summer Goals”

1. Candice Petersen says:

Definitely going to be checking out your YouTube channel!Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

2. Ariadna Morell says:

well 2 out of 4 is pretty good I'd say! well done! xAriadna || RAWR BOWS

3. Elegantly Chiic says:

Not bad at all! And seriously, photoshop is so intense, I don't blame you. I've wanted to start a youtube channel, but I don't have the proper equipment for it 🙁 Also, I want to start taking more outfit pictures for my instagram ( I gave you a follow by the way !) but how do people do it? Always have a photographer on hand? I think I'm thinking too much of it lol!www.elegantlychiic.com

4. Chloe Louise says:

Good luck on your YouTube channel lovely!Cloe X http://clxelouise.blogspot.com

5. Zara says:

Seasonal goals are a really good way to monitor how you are getting on – I can barely remember my 2017 goals! This seems like a much better way to do it. xwww.misszarabelle.com

6. Gemma Louise says:

I've loved how you've changed your content up, it's so refreshing! Can't wait to see more xGemma Louise

7. Amber Gregory says:

Achieving two out of four things is still pretty good going! Well done girl x http://www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

8. Kirsten says:

Oh wow congratulations to your new channel, I´ve always wanted to to the same, but I´m really not ready and don´t have the time, but when the time comes I will do it(hopefully).xx Kirsten

9. Hannah Morris says:

Congratulations on hitting two of the target that's so good! I'll definitely be checking out your channel, and I love the idea of seasonal goals, as it seems like a much better way to monitor how you're getting on xxHannah | luxuryblush

10. Charlotte Lane says:

I love your YouTube channel, so I'm so glad you started it and can't wait to see more videos! I do Yoga and I love it, it's a hard workout but it's so relaxing and very rewarding to see how far you come with each class xoChar | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk