My 5 Minute Makeup Routine

Starting work at 8am Monday – Friday, I like my makeup routine to be as speedy as possible. The longer I’ve been in full time work the smaller my everyday makeup bag has become, most days I keep things minimal and reach for products I know will work for me and see me through until 4pm.

BASE & BROWS
In the cooler months, or if I’m having a bad skin day I reach for the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. I’ve raved about this time and time again, it’s full coverage and stays put all day. A lighter option I’ve been reaching for lately is the L’Oreal True Match foundation, it’s not quite as long lasting but it offers a nice medium coverage with a satin/ matte finish. It’s a good everyday, affordable foundation pick. For concealer I’m still obsessed with the Nars Soft Matte Complete concealer, it’s truly incredible. It looks so natural on the skin and blends beautifully. It doesn’t provide quite as much coverage as the Radiant Creamy but it’s definitely my favourite out of the two.

I rarely reach for a blusher or even a highlighter everyday (baring in mind I don’t see any customers face to face in my job, I definitely used to make more of an effort when I did)! I do however always use a bronzer. Recently I’ve been loving the Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer, it’s the perfect bronzing shade for day to day wear, not too warm or cool toned and really easy to blend. It’s pricey but worth the hype and leaves my skin with a natural looking glow.

For my brows I’ve been using the Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Brows in the shade Cara. I’ve been reaching for this over my Benefit Gimme Brow as it manages to add just a little more definition. My brows are quite sparse and fair so this is the quickest way to add some definition. Although, for the past 2 days I’ve been using the Brow Definer from Eylure and *spoiler alert* it’s incredible – full review coming soon!

EYES & LIPS
For eyes it’s again super simple, I always take the time to curl my lashes, then for mascara my go to for volume, length and definition is the Maybelline Lash Sensational. Along my waterline I do also like to use the Benefit Eye Bright, I’ve used this for so many years now after discovering it through a magazine freebie! It’s a pale pink shade so less harsh than a white eyeliner, it’s an extra hours sleep in 5 seconds and really does brighten the eyes.

Finally for lips I’ve gone back to an old favourite, the Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfectors. Nothing I’ve tried compares to these, they are a gorgeous non sticky lip gloss/ balm hybrid. The shades are so natural and it’s one of those products I’ll always have in my bag and reach for. These also look stunning over the top of lip liners for more of a defined finish – Pillow Talk or MAC Dervish especially.

And that’s it! It’s so simple but works well for me when I really do only have 5 minutes spare. There will be the odd day that I’ll spend more time on my brows or decide to contour/ highlight, but more so on the weekends now.

SHOP THE POST

This post may contain affiliate links… Products marked * are PR samples.

14 responses to “My 5 Minute Makeup Routine”

1. Floraestchic says:

Your post are SO inspiring! Btw I really need to try the Clarins Instant lips

2. PetiteElliee says:

I am all about a quick makeup routine these days! Cannot deal with anything that takes longer than 2 minutes I swear http://www.petiteelliee.comEllie

3. Amber Gregory says:

Quick makeup routines are great for all kinds of things. You always need your best products at hand to make you look put together even when you're in a rush! http://www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

4. Danielle Alexa says:

I have wanted to try the Guerlain bronzer for months now, I am going to have to try it out!Danielle xxhttp://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

5. Ariadna Morell says:

I cannot deal with long make up routines, specially early in the morning! xAriadna || RAWR BOWS

6. Kirsten says:

I´m all about quick makeup and also love the Clarins lip products as well, there are the best thing!xx Kirsten

7. Hannah says:

Loreal True Match is definitely up there with my top 5 drugstore foundations. I'm always fighting a battle between looking presentable or 20 minutes more in bed.Hannah | http://www.thediaryofhan.blogspot.co.uk

8. Shiana says:

Our make up routines are so similar, the only difference in mine is I use the Soap & Glory bronzer, must try the terracotta one though, I was always a bit scared because I am so pale! Estee Lauder DW is my absolute ride or die too!Shianawww.shianajarvis.com

9. thatsellen says:

A quick and easy makeup routine is the best! I also use the L'oreal foundation :)Ellen x | thatsellen

10. Charlotte Lane says:

I'm so lazy when it comes to makeup application during the week! I only usually pop on a little bit of mascara and go! I love the sound of the Clarins Lip Perfectors though xoChar | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

11. Carolina says:

I've been using Gimme Brow a lot, it's such a great product! xxCarolina's Makeup Life

12. Gemma Louise says:

I can't be without Lash Sensational now, it's literally my holy grail! xxGemma Louise

13. cindyhyue says:

It seems so rare to find others that start work at 8AM! For the longest time I found other people didn't have strict start days. As a fellow 8AM-er, I have to be out the door by 7:30 or earlier to get to work on time so I've been soooo fuss free with my makeup lately. I dab on some concealer, do a quick cat-eye flick, and add a bit of somethin somethin to give my brows definition. Every time I see the Clarins lip perfectors it's a reminder that I need to pick one up! Cindy | http://www.cindyhyue.com

14. Jasmine Stewart says:

I love Lash Sensational as an amazing all-rounder 🙂 the Nars concealer is so good when you're in a rush too! Jasmine xx Jasmine Talks Beauty