The Most Instagramable Place in Wales…

If you love photography, quirky places, and exploring some where unusual yet beautiful, you’ll love Portmerion. Located in North Wales it’s probably a little out of the way for most, but it’s one of those must see places in the UK that’s well worth a visit.

Before arriving we didn’t realise there’s no actual permanent residents in the village, it’s like a little holiday resort. It cost £12 to get in, but it’s a fab day out and a fee I wouldn’t mind paying again.

We started off our 5 hour stay – yes we loved it that much! With a 20 minute tour guided by a lovely member of staff. We learnt more about the history of Portmerion and the inspiration behind the Italian-esque architecture. From there we actually noticed there was a wedding, of-course I stopped to see the bride… If you’re looking for a fairytale style wedding I couldn’t think of anywhere better! We then went down to the beach and walked along the Quayside towards the light house, the views over the river towards Llechollwyn were stunning – luckily we picked a clear day to visit!

Of-course me being me we had to scout out some picture opportunities, in the main village there was a little area with pink/ peachy buildings which was just perfect. Just around the corner was another beautiful spot with the most amazing flowers and fountains. Where ever you looked high or low there was something amazing, so much attention to detail.

Whilst there we had lunch at Caffi Glas, it’s a little Italian within the Portmerion Village. They had so much to offer on the menu but we went for a couple of light bites and a cheeky glass of prosecco –  a lovely little afternoon treat. The service was fab and just added to our already amazing experience.

I think with this post the pictures do the talking. I’ll definitely be heading back to Portmerion in the future – possibly autumn time as I think it will make the perfect location for outfit posts.

SHOP THE POST

This post may contain affiliate links… Products marked * are PR samples.

1. Liv Slack
    August 20, 2017 / 8:00 am

These photos are gorgeous!! I haven't been to Portmerion, I live in South Wales so it's quite the drive up there. Definitely want to visit there now though, it looks so pretty xxLivlivwrites.co.uk

2. Parie
    August 20, 2017 / 10:01 am

Oh my gosh it is so beautiful! Need to add it to the list to visit! x

3. molly
    August 20, 2017 / 8:34 pm

i have never heard of this place but it looks amazing, worth a day trip for sure!m0llylouise.com

4. Charlotte Lane
    August 21, 2017 / 10:26 am

This looks like such a lovely little place and obviously the peach/pink buildings are super dreamy and perfect for photos!!xoChar | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

5. Jennifer Frank
    August 21, 2017 / 11:57 am

This looks like such a beautiful little place, I've never visited Wales. You've made me want to go! Jen, Velvet Spring x

6. Frances
    August 21, 2017 / 2:54 pm

Awh what a gorgeous little place! I would never have thought of it! xxFrances Kayleigh | Style Beauty Travel

7. Ana Céline
    August 21, 2017 / 3:31 pm

Omg this location looks incredible! Definitely a perfect spot to take pictures for the blog or Instagram 🙂 xxwww.anacelinelabod.com

8. Amber Gregory
    August 22, 2017 / 11:11 am

Your pictures are so lovely! Definitely Instagramable…www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

9. Gemma Louise
    August 22, 2017 / 11:25 am

Ahhh it's such a dreamy place, I so wish I'd been a blogger when I went so I could have taken Insta worthy shots like these haha! Also that food looks amaaazing, I'm definitely going back and grabbing a bite to eat there!! xxGemma Louise

10. Hannah Morris
    August 22, 2017 / 10:06 pm

All of your photos are stunning, and it's mad that I've not heard of this place before! I've definitely added it to the list of places I would like to visit; thank you for sharing xxHannah | luxuryblush

11. the adventurer
    August 23, 2017 / 1:51 am

Who knew such a beautiful place existed in Wales! I hope you do return in the autumn because you will get some amazing photos! https://dreamofadventures.com/

12. The Makeup Directory
    August 23, 2017 / 9:22 am

Ah this is beautiful! I'm definitely going to bookmark this as a place to visit as I'm trying to visit more of the UK at the moment. Gorgeous photos Jodie!The Makeup Directory

13. Charline Official
    August 23, 2017 / 6:47 pm

When I was living in England, I never took the time to visit Wales. Really want to come back and explore a bit more.These pictures look stunning, Jodie!Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

14. Danielle Alexa
    August 23, 2017 / 7:17 pm

It looks absolutely stunning, I would love to visit there!Danielle xxhttp://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

15. Kathryn Williams
    August 25, 2017 / 2:30 pm

We have a family caravan in Harlech which isn't too far from Portmeirion. Spent plenty of time there as a child!Kathryn /Cherries in the Snow

16. Lucy Alice