As you can probably tell from the title, today is my 22nd birthday. Since turning 21 a lot has changed for me, as cringey as it sounds, I feel like I’m starting to find myself! Looking back, here’s 22 things I’ve learnt over the past 22 years (majority of which I’ve realised this past year).
1) Work hard in school
2) Don’t tell lies, there is nothing worse than being a liar in my books
3) Heartbreak is ok
4) Looking after your mental health is so important!
5) Don’t neglect a skincare regime
6) Be proud of who you are
7) Never think because of your background you can’t achieve something, work hard and eventually it will pay off
8) You’re weird/ different for not wanting to go on nights out all the time
9) Get atleast 7 hours of sleep, otherwise you will wake up and be a horror
10) Don’t leave it until the very last minute to get an important outfit – this I don’t think I’ll ever remember
11) If you’re not confident, fake it till you make it
12) Wash your hands after you fake tan, seriously
13) Don’t buy clothes from Primark, you may like that top in the heat of the moment because it’s only £5, but I bet you don’t wear it or it shrinks in the wash
14) Travel and see as much of the world as you can
Don’t be a dick
16) Be kind to those that are genuinely kind to you
17) Anyone can be creative, you may not be good at art or play a musical instrument, but everyone has the ability to be creative
18) Don’t give out too many “2nd chances”
19) Learn to drive and get a car as soon as you can, it will be one of the best things you do
20) Be careful who you trust with secrets and things you don’t want everyone to know
21) If you can’t change a situation, don’t stress
22) I think the biggest thing I’ve learn this past year/ 22 years is to not worry what others think. Whether you want to travel the world, have a baby or write a blog, if you want to do it and it doesn’t have an impact on others negatively, then GO FOR IT! Lifes short, if you cared about the opinions of everyone then you would never do anything.