My Current Skincare Routine

My skin seems to be in a pretty good place at the moment so I thought I would go through my current routine and the products I’ve been loving lately…

STEP 1 – CLEANSE

For the majority of this year I’ve made sure to double cleanse every single evening. Inspired by the Caroline Hirons Pixi Double Cleanse product (which I’m still yet to get my hands on but really do need to try) I’ve been using the Palmers Facial Cleansing Oil* first, then moving on to the cult classic Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. The combination of the two combined with the Magnitone* during the second cleanse leaves my skin feeling soft, hydrated and clean.

The Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish is a product I’ve recently come back to after using it previously for years, so far I haven’t found anything I love quite as much. I can’t recommend it enough for anyone who is looking for an affordable cream cleanser.

AM: Cleanse once with the Cleanse and Polish, sometimes I’ll even just splash my face with water

PM: Double cleanse, always!

STEP 2 – TREATMENTS & MOISTURISERS
Being completely honest, in the morning I don’t spend a lot of time on my skin, usually I’ll just cleanse and moisture. My current day time moisturisers of choice have been the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream or the Embryolisse Hydra Mat*. The Ultra Facial Cream is an all time favourite, it keeps my skin hydrated and soft without clogging the pores at all. A recent addition to my routine is the Hydra Mat moisturiser, this is perfect for warmer days when I know my skin is likely to be more oily. It hydrates the skin and manages to keeps oils at bay for longer.

In the evening is when I’ll add in additional steps, the first being the Alpha H Liquid Gold Rose Edition*. I’ve heard so many people rave about liquid gold in the past but with the higher price tag I never took the plunge, however once this runs out I’ll definitely be repurchasing. It’s a chemical exfoliator which leaves my skin feeling hydrated, soft and visibly my skin does look clearer.

If I remember (which to be fair is most nights), I’ll also use a toner. I’ve gone back to using the Jurlique Rose Water Balancing Mist and I really do love it. It’s refreshing and the gentle rose scent is calming and really nice on the skin.

A product I’m still on the fence about is The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid, now I don’t know whether my inconsistency with this has been the reason I’m not convinced, but I don’t seem to miss it from my routine when it’s not there. I’m determined to carry on using this as I think the benefits may come in time.

AM: Very basic, just a SPF and moisturiser
PM: Add moisture back into my skin and keep it as hydrated as possible.

MASKS
Most weeks I’ll use a face mask once or twice, a current favourite has been the Fresher Me Mud Mask*. This is really unique as it’s a clay mask but it doesn’t dry down to be really stiff and uncomfortable on the skin – which is one of my pet peeves!. I’ve found this to still deliver clear, soft skin like a clay face mask except it doesn’t dry down or strip the skin of moisture – genius!

I also love using masks that add hydration to the skin, one of my all time favourites is The Origins Drink Up Intense. I’ve used this for years now, in the summer I’ll use it once/ twice every two weeks just for a little more hydration. The morning after using this my skin looks plumper and just glows a little more, it’s worth while investing in if you have dehydrated skin, especially in the cooler months.

SHOP THE POST

What stand out products are in your routine at the moment?

This post may contain affiliate links… Products marked * are PR samples.

27 responses to “My Current Skincare Routine”

1. Jennifer Frank says:

I've been desperate to try a Magnitone for sooooo long, think I'll be popping it on my wishlist along with that Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser! Jen, Velvet Spring x

2. Candice Petersen says:

I seriously need to spend more time on my skin routine… I don't nearly spend enough and not using masks as often as I should. Beauty Candy Loves

3. PetiteElliee says:

Liz Earle will always be a fave! http://www.petiteelliee.comEllie xx

4. Ariadna Morell says:

My skin has been all over the place recently! The Origin masks sounds so great !xAriadna || RAWR BOWS

5. COURTNEY says:

I always have a breakout whenever I use my Magnitone unfortunately, I have no idea why but I wish I didn't because it makes my skin feel great!Courtney | Lashes and Luxe

6. Jayd Alice says:

I really want to try out a Magnitone brush for myself, I've heard so many good things! I have just introduced Kiehls and The Ordinary into my skincare routine and I'm loving being a bit more thorough with it all rather than my old routine of micellar water and the odd lashing of whatever moisturiser was to hand. Fab post, I've definitely added a few of these to my wishlist xAlways, Alice

• Jodie Melissa says:

I'm so happy I have it in my routine, I feel like I couldn't be without it now! I love Kiehls, it's the first brand I invested in properly for my skin and it works a treat. Glad you liked the post, thank you for reading and taking the time to comment 🙂

7. Laura | Style and Sushi says:

That cleansing oil looks so good! Also have been dying to try some products from The Ordinary! 🙂 xx Laura

8. Emily Vyse says:

I love skincare posts! I'm very extra with my daily skincare routine but I really need to invest a bit more time (and money!) in some good face masks xwww.millievyse.blogspot.co.uk

9. Amber Gregory says:

I could never be without Liz Earle!!www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

10. Carolina says:

Great photos! I have to try the Liz Earle Cleanser, everyone talks so good about it!carolinasmakeuplife.blogspot.pt

11. Kysblogs says:

I've been wanting to try the Liz Earle for ages but I've never got round to buying it!

12. The Makeup Aficionado says:

I recently made an order from the ordinary and I'm enjoying the products I bought. I also love the Palmer's cleansing oil, i need to try out more of their skincare products.www.themakeupaficionado.com

13. Anonymous says:

The Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish is a product I always go back to as well! It's just so soothing and nourishing, and it always leaves my skin feeling soft.Louise | Lipstick & Luxe

14. La Coco Noire says:

liz earle is the shiiiitttt. i wouldn't go anywhere else! it's cleared my skin up so much and i bang on about it to anyone who'll listen haha!have you ever tried la roche posay? i'd recommend their skin products too.katie xx lacoconoire.com

15. Danielle Alexa says:

I am going to have to pick up some of these products, I need to try harder with my skincare routine!Danielle xxhttp://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

16. Charlotte Lane says:

I'm really bad with my skincare routine.. I don't do it often enough at all and that's really bad! I love the products I use, but I'm just always too keen to get into bed! The Palmers Facial Cleansing Oil sounds really great, as does the Alpha H Liquid Gold xoChar | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

17. Serena Levy says:

I agree with you on Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. I don't seem to find something quite as good! xxwww.serenbird.com

18. Alice Snell says:

I love your skincare routine. Cleanse & Polish has been in my life for many years now and I don't think it'll ever leave my routine, I love it so much. I started using the Hyaluronic Acid recently and its a fab product, I need to try the Embryallise next. Alice May Snell ♡

19. ella ryder says:

You have some lovely products! I like a simple skincare routine in the morning too.Ella xxhttp://ellaryder.com/

20. Gemma Louise says:

That clay mask sounds fab!! I love my magnitone too. I really want to try the Origins Drink Up Mask, I keep meaning to buy it and then forgetting! xGemma Louise

21. Alicia Johnson says:

I love Liz Earle Cleanse and polish as it really does work well on my skin. The Kiehls ultra facial cream sounds so good as well. Alicia xhttp://lifeofalicialouise.blogspot.co.uk/