Milani Makeup… The Products You Need To Try

Milani makeup has been the talk of the blogosphere lately, being honest I wasn’t all that bothered until they launched their beautiful blushers, then my interest was sparked…

Funnily enough I don’t actually own a blusher yet – I’m sure it will be mine soon, however I was kindly sent a fair few of their other products to try. When it comes to trying out new makeup it’s always the foundation I want to crack out first, being fussy I rarely find a base that I love and can compete with my favourites.

I have the Milani Conceal and Perfect 2-in-1 foundation in the shade 02 Natural, in terms of this particular shade it’s the 3rd darkest in the range with a very yellow undertone so for someone as pale as me it doesn’t work without fake tan. However, I’m actually glad I was sent a darker shade as it’s the perfect night out foundation.

It’s definitely a full coverage and really does act as both a foundation and concealer. I have oily skin and this lasted so well throughout the day, it dries down matte but doesn’t leave my skin feeling dehydrated. A little goes a long way as it’s incredibly pigmented, if you like a full coverage base you need to give this a go. The Retouch and Erase Concealer is probably the one product I’m reaching for the least out of everything, I’m so smitten with the Nars Soft Matte Complete Concealer that to me, although this provides brilliant coverage, it feels quite heavy compared to that and by the end of the day has settled into the fine lines around my eyes.

Another favourite is the Milani Stay Put Brow Colour. I’ve tried quite a few different brow pomades in the past but I have to say this is my favourite. I have the shade 01 soft brown which is the perfect match for me, not too warm or cool toned. The formulation is creamy yet easy to use with the brush that comes with creating soft hair like strokes. The product stays in place all day making it perfect for those that love a bold brow.

Being honest when it comes to liquid lipsticks I’m usually the first to criticise them, but the Milani Amore Matte Lip Cream has been nothing but a treat to use. I have the shade 25 Allure which is the perfect soft coral/ rosy pink – just stunning for the warmer months. It’s a thin cream consistency which doesn’t setttle into all the cracks/ fine lines in the lips like so many similar products I’ve tried. Once dried it lasts well without cracking or peeling away from the lips, leaving me with a bold matte lip for a good 4/5 hours before it needs a touch up. I think I’m going to pick this up Amore, that looks like the perfect bold matte red lip! Also, this smells like sweets which is without a doubt a bonus…

Last but definitely not least is the product that you all seemed to love when I posted it on my Instagram… The Spotlight Face and Eye Strobe Palette. This couldn’t have come at a better time as it’s basically a summer essential. I can honestly say this works beautifully on both the eyes and cheeks giving such a gorgeous, shimmery yet wearable glow. I particularly love wearing the middle shade and champagne shade on the lid over the Urban Decay Primer Potion, it just adds light to the eyes and makes me look more awake. Amazing used as individual shades or together, if you’re after an affordable (it’s £8 so a flippin’ bargain if you ask me) all in one palette this summer I really recommend this.

As you can tell, I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the Milani cosmetics and it’s a brand that I’ll be investing in more for sure… Have you tried any Milani products yet?

33 responses to “Milani Makeup… The Products You Need To Try”

1. JaynieShannonx says:

That strobe palette looks beautiful! I still haven't tried any Milani products.Jaynie Shannon | Beauty & Lifestylexx

• Jodie Melissa says:

It's stunning! So nice for summer, I'm so happy to have finally tried some, definitely worth the hype x

2. Dagmara K says:

I really like the foundation but still haven't tried the concealer. Their baked blushes are amazing! xMummy's Beauty Corner

• Jodie Melissa says:

A lot of people seem to love the concealer so I'm going to keep trying it and give it a go. I'm definitely going to have to try the blushers, I literally stick to one blusher and I'm not adventurous at all so I've just never got round to picking it up! x

3. Cassie Hurwitz says:

The strobe palette looks amazing! I'm a huge fan of all Milani blushes I've tried. The Rose collection is stunning, and Milani Luminoso is such a classic. Definitely check those out!Cassie | blushandfairydust.blogspot.com

• Jodie Melissa says:

It's so beautiful isn't it! Everyone seems to love the Milani blushers, thank you for the recommendation, going to look into it x

4. Tara Joy says:

The 2 in 1 foundation is my favorite! It's seriously so long wearing and I'm excited it worked for you too! The Metallic Amore Matte Lip Creams are amazing as well if you like the original ones and want to try something different. -Tara Joy | beausandbows.co-Tara Joy

• Jodie Melissa says:

It's such a good full coverage isn't it! So happy to have another foundation I can actually say I like haha! x

5. The Makeup Aficionado says:

Milani has been coming out with some good looking products. I want to try out the foundation, as well as the setting spray and concealer. http://www.themakeupaficionado.com

• Jodie Melissa says:

Yeah I'm so impressed with their products, so nice to find a new brand I love! The foundation is really good, need to get my hands on the setting spray x

6. Claire Cavanagh says:

I still haven't tried any Milani but I definitely want to – the foundation sounds great 🙂 Claire | Vanity Claire xx

7. Jordyn Pamela says:

I've heard so much about the Conceal and Perfect foundation! It's a little on the higher end of the "drugstore" category but I heard the coverage is great for the prince! xxwith love, Jordyn | jordynpamela.com

• Jodie Melissa says:

Ahh it's absolutely amazing, I would say the formulation is comparable to a lot of highend foundations I've tried x

8. Helene.Vlacho says:

Just yesterday i ordered the ''blush'' and the strobe palette,(same shade) they both look fantastic. Looking forward to have them in my hands! Great presentation and review Jodie!Helene // Beautiful Is My Attire

• Jodie Melissa says:

Ahh no way?! Eeek I need to get onto it and get them ordered too, hope you love them. Thank you Helene x

9. The Makeup Directory says:

That strobe palette is just gorgeous wow, definitely want to get my hands on that. It's funny actually because you said to use it over UD primer potion, well I've just tried the Milani eyeshadow primer and its SO good. So might be a cheap combination all round!!The Makeup Directory

10. Danielle Alexa says:

I really want to try the Milani foundation, I think I would really love it!Danielle xxhttp://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

• Jodie Melissa says:

If you like a full coverage you will definitely love it! I'm so impressed with it considering the price point x

11. Tiffany Legg says:

I've never heard about this brand, but it sounds and looks amazing x Tiffany Tales | Lifestyle & Beauty

12. Jasmine Stewart says:

The face palette sounds lovely! I really need to get using this foundation again :)Jasmine xx Jasmine Talks Beauty

• Jodie Melissa says:

It's stunning, can't stop reaching for it which is always a sign I love it. I think I'm going to pick up a lighter shade of the foundation so I can wear it day to day too when I'm less tanned, such a good affordable option x

I've only ever tried two bits from Milani, which is one of their blushers and their matte liquid lipsticks and I love them both. Would really like to try the foundation next!Lucy | Forever September

• Jodie Melissa says:

I can't believe it's taken me so long to try some things out. Everyone seems to have the blushers so I feel like I'm missing out now haha! If you like a full coverage base I think you'll love it x

14. Leanne Page says:

You know I love Milani! I really rate that concealer! The foundation is one of my favourites to. I must check it out that brow pomade xxwww.lpagebeauty.com

• Jodie Melissa says:

Ahh I do! You should be their UK brand ambassador haha! I can see why you love them so much now, the foundation is incredible, and for the price point too it's seriously impressive. The brow pomade is so good x

15. Gracie Bell says:

I have recently started trying out Milani products and so far I have loved everything I have tried! Great recommendations!!Grace xhttp://graciebellblogs.blogspot.co.uk

16. Carolina says:

Their products are so beautiful! I really want to try their blushes and liquid lipsticks!carolinasmakeuplife.blogspot.pt

17. Caroline Malone says:

I love the Amore Lip creams, they are incredible and the pigmentation is out of this world, although they really do stay put and are hard to rub off which is a bonus! You really need to pick up the Luminoso blusher, it's stunning xxwww.iridescentplaces.com

18. Ana Céline says:

I have never tried anything from this brand before but I would love to! xxwww.anacelinelabod.com

19. Charlotte Lane says:

The Spotlight Face and Eye Strobe Palette looks absolutely beautiful and what an absolute bargain! I know the Milani blushes are highly raved about, so I'm intrigued by those as well xoChar | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

20. Beth Griffiths says:

I have one of their gorgeous blushes which I absolutely adore but I definitely need to try more. I really want to try their liquid lipsticks.Beth xMermaid in Disguise