Leaving My Comfort Zone

You may have noticed that over the past month or so my blog has started to take a slightly different direction, still the same beauty content but an injection of fashion and more lifestyle too. This is exactly what I love about blogging, there are no boundaries – if I want to write about something, I can!

It may sound cringey, but there are two quotes I stand by when it comes to leaving my comfort zone, the first is leave your comfort zone atleast once a day’. I remember during my time at uni I went through a stage of being nervous to walk to campus on my own, it was that anxious feeling that made me realise I needed to make a change. I started walking on my own more and more and pretty soon I noticed the anxious feeling I experience before stopped – I felt confident to walk to all these places and be alone, I’m sure it was because I stepped out of my comfort zone and pushed myself.

In terms of my blog the exact same thing happened, as my following grew creating fashion content was always off limits because I hated the idea of posting a full length picture of myself. My comfort zone was very much flatlays, product shots and pretty much anything that didn’t feature my face. This leads me onto my second favourite quote ‘fake it till you make it’, I think people that know me would describe me as confident, but at first I’m pretty shy. I’m slowly learning to fake confidence in situations I don’t feel myself, and it’s definitely starting to come more naturally. I’m starting to ‘make it‘ rather than ‘fake it’,  I’ve proved to myself that I can do it, and it is taking that first step which is crucial.

Just know that as I publish this post I’m still a little scared, but, stepping out of my comfort zone is always a step in the right direction. I think getting older, having supportive family and friends and experiencing new things are just some of the things that have helped me reach this point in my life. Also remembering that if someone has something negative to say, then that’s absolutely fine, after all someone else’s opinion of me isn’t really my business! I’m finally leaving my comfort zone, and hopefully it’s for good this time.

Dress* – Next

Bag – Dune (old)

1. Stacey White
    May 11, 2017 / 5:22 pm

For starters you look beautiful and I love everything about this outfit. I also love this post, I'm all for stepping out of my comfort zone and literally live by these kind of quotes. Stacey xwww.staceylouisewhite.co.uk

• Jodie Moores
      May 11, 2017 / 8:03 pm

Thank you so much Stacey, so kind! They're the only quotes that I really do live by and tend to think about everyday x

2. Parie
    May 11, 2017 / 6:20 pm

I adore this outfit, can't wait to see more fashion and lifestyle posts! xx

• Jodie Moores
      May 11, 2017 / 8:04 pm

Thank you Parie! It's definitely going to be happening 🙂

3. Gemma Louise
    May 11, 2017 / 6:39 pm

I love that you're very similar to me, I hated going anywhere at uni on my own. I agree that you have to step out of your comfort zone to overcome the fear! Having Reuben made me so much more confident, I think probably because I'm never alone anymore (what am I going to do when he grows up?!) but I would love to do more fashion posts and things. I definitely need to take a leaf out your book! XGemma Louise

• Jodie Moores
      May 11, 2017 / 9:22 pm

It's crazy, I watched your Q&A video before and thought the same, so many things that are similar! So lovely to hear that Reuben has made you feel more confident, I think if you can raise a child you can pretty much do anything you set your mind to! Would love to see some fashion posts from you, no doubt we will have a similar taste in clothes too haha! x

4. Lucy Alice
    May 11, 2017 / 6:43 pm

Well done for stepping out your comfort zone girlie, and you look fabulous too – what a stunning dress!Lucy | Forever September

• Jodie Moores
      May 11, 2017 / 9:22 pm

Thank you Lucy, I was so scared pressing send on this one haha! x

5. Beautylymin
    May 11, 2017 / 7:01 pm

Good on your for trying something new! Your blog is bound to grow as your interests change xxBeautylymin| LuxurySkincareGiveaway

• Jodie Moores
      May 11, 2017 / 9:24 pm

Ahh thank you! Yes I've never thought about it like that, but I suppose there is something for everyone then!

6. Kristy
    May 11, 2017 / 7:07 pm

Stepping out of your comfort zone is definitely something I should do more of, I love the quote 'leave your comfort zone at least once a day,' I'll definitely have to remember that. I'm definitely similar as in everyone always says I come across as confident if they know me, but I'm actually very shy underneath.Kristy | thevioletblonde.com

• Jodie Moores
      May 11, 2017 / 9:25 pm

Ahh yes, it's something I live by! It's getting past that uncomfortable feeling and learning to just let it be and getting on with it! Same, I think a lot of people are similar though!

7. Natalie Leanne
    May 11, 2017 / 7:12 pm

You look amazing! Can't wait to see your future content 🙂 xxwww.natalieleanne.com

• Jodie Moores
      May 11, 2017 / 9:26 pm

Thank you Natalie! x

8. Pinja
    May 11, 2017 / 7:26 pm

Leaving your comfort zone can be so scary, but the feeling of accomplishment afterwards is so rewarding! I'm such a creature of habit though, and definitely need to start venturing further away from my comfort zone again. You look gorgeous in that dress and I look forward to seeing more fashion content from you in the future too 🙂 xx

• Jodie Moores
      May 11, 2017 / 9:26 pm

Yes definitely, it's so refreshing when you come to realise it's actually pretty easy and not quite as scary as you first think! Thank you lovely, fingers crossed for lots more fashion content 🙂

9. Laura P
    May 11, 2017 / 7:27 pm

You look amazing, Jodie! But I feel the exact same way, I'd love to do fashion posts but I really don't want to post any photos of myself, haha. I just don't have the confidence at the moment but hopefully in time I will 🙂 Looking forward to seeing more fashion related content from you, love this dress! xoLaura | Blush and Bronze

• Jodie Moores
      May 11, 2017 / 9:28 pm

Aw Laura, thank you so much! It's taken me years to feel comfortable, and taking the pictures on the streets in front of other people is a whole other playing field, everyone stares and becomes so judgemental! In time I'm sure you'll gain more confidence like I have, I took baby steps to try and gain my confidence back x

10. Isobel Celine
    May 11, 2017 / 7:53 pm

Well done Jodie! Definitely jump out of your comfort zone more often! Loving this new change and would love to see more images of what your wearing lately!Isobel x New post: http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/my-favourite-twitter-chats.html?m=1Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/isobelcelineNew Video: https://youtu.be/kiz0VEbLPSQBloglovin : https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionista-chic-12984939

• Jodie Moores
      May 11, 2017 / 9:28 pm

Thank you Isobel, I'll definitely plan more fashion content!

11. Leighanne sheila
    May 11, 2017 / 9:13 pm

Aww I'm still new to blogging. Of all the research I have done your blog is one of the best I've looked through. I feel like the blogging community is huge but I've noticed there are those that support and credit each other. I find it fab that you don't feel obliged to write about anything you wish too xx

• Jodie Moores
      May 11, 2017 / 9:31 pm

Wow, what a compliment! Thank you so much for your support, there is a lovely bunch of people out there who are kind and make the community well worth being a part of. It can be hard at first to get into the swing of things and feel like you're a part of it all but it's well worth sticking with 🙂

12. Sophie Wuthrich
    May 11, 2017 / 11:14 pm

Absolutely gorgeous! And the quote 'fake it till you make it' has been my entire life. While I was faking it I was actually making it! In love with your blog Jodie, I'm always coming back!-Sophie xxCherries & Perfume ♡

• Jodie Melissa
      May 13, 2017 / 9:39 am

Thank you Sophie! I've noticed that you've been commenting so thank you so much, I really appreciate it x

13. Fatima
    May 12, 2017 / 8:52 am

I love the freedom of blogging and really love the direction that your blog is going in! Glad you are liking stepping out of your comfort zone :)Fatima x http://www.fatimawrites.co.uk

• Jodie Melissa
      May 13, 2017 / 9:40 am

Thank you so much Fatima, soooo glad to hear that!

14. Chelsea
    May 12, 2017 / 9:06 am

Thank you so much for writing this post. This is exactly how I've felt during my first year of blogging and you've really inspired me to push myself out of my comfort zone more. So glad you're stepping out of your comfort zone – you're killing it and it's amazing to see. xx

• Jodie Melissa
      May 13, 2017 / 9:41 am

Thank you Chelsea! You should just got for it, I wish I had done sooner xx

15. Lynnsay
    May 12, 2017 / 9:27 am

You look absolutely amazing in these photos! I think you look so much like Emma Stone in the first one! I can't wait to see more lifestyle and fashion content on your blog, they are my favourite kind of posts to read!Lynnsay xwww.sartorialscot.com

16. Katy Belle
    May 12, 2017 / 11:24 am

Girrrrl, yes to this post! These photos are incredible and you look absolutely beautiful. Yes to this outfit, too. I recently came across the phrase 'you don't grow when you're comfortable' and it's so true! So go you for facing something that initially scared you, because it will definitely pay off! I can't wait to see more of your fashion and lifestyle content.

17. Lauren Victoria
    May 12, 2017 / 1:36 pm

Aww you look stunning and this is such a lovely post! I definitely agree with you. Stepping out of your comfort zone once a day can be so beneficial. I've tried to do that more often than not also and it does make you feel so much better for doing it. Fab post as always xxLauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

18. The Makeup Directory
    May 12, 2017 / 2:48 pm

I feel like we're going through a similar journey Jodie as I have always been comfortable just posting product shots but actually I want more out of blogging and want to try new things. So excited for your new content, these photos are absolutely gorgeous!The Makeup Directory

19. Honey
    May 12, 2017 / 5:37 pm

I can totally relate to this. I'm also quite uncomfortable walking alone on campus for example. I've been also stepping out of my comfort zone, first with clothes then with some conversations with some people I once never would have.so it's a battle, but it's also good :Dgreat post!xo Honey – blog Royal Lifestyle – Twitter – Instagram

20. Lauren Williamson
    May 12, 2017 / 7:01 pm

You look amazing! Love your dress. It's so difficult to step out of comfort zone sometimes. I'm like you, I want to do more fashion posts, but I'm so nervous that it puts me off! I've spent so long hiding behind a screen on my blog that the thought of putting my actual self onto it, scares me so much!Lauren | Lauren the Daydreamer

21. Danielle Alexa
    May 12, 2017 / 7:16 pm

That is such a stunning outfit. It is healthy to get our of our comfort zones every now and again, I can't wait to see more fashion and lifestyle posts!Danielle xxhttp://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/