Spring Beauty Essentials

The transition from winter to spring is where my wardrobe and beauty routine sees the biggest changes. I ditch the full coverage base and berry toned lip for something lighter and fresh, and my whole makeup bag ends up being switched up.

At the moment there have been two foundations on rotation for day to day, either the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light or the La Roche Posay Effaclar BB Blur. The Effaclar BB Blur is the perfect spring/ summer base for me, at first I didn’t think I would get along with the mousse like texture, but it actually feels nice and lightweight on the skin and smoothes over the visible pores on my cheeks. It has a matte yet natural looking finish and lasts a good 7-8 hours on my skin! It also has an SPF of 20 which never goes a miss for the occasional sunny day in the UK.

Another alternative for the no makeup (still wearing some makeup) days is just using concealer. I love the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer for this (the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer is a dupe, and just as good – except the lightest shade is still quite dark so something I gravitate towards when I’m tanned/ wearing fake tan). I make sure to moisturise my skin or use a facial oil and then just take a damp beauty blender and conceal around my eyes, nose and any blemishes – finish off by adding some bronzer and I’m good to go.

Switching up my lip colour is one of the things I get most excited about, I have a fair few different lipsticks but a more recent addition to my collection is the No7 Lovely Lips Lip Balm in Parisian Pink. This is beautiful for spring/ summer, its a moisturising comfortable lip balm yet it provides a really pretty wash of wearable pink to the lips. It’s really easy to throw on and I’m now tempted to buy the other 3 shades in the range.

If you follow me on Twitter you’ll probably be sick to death of hearing me harp on about Becca Opal, I’m actually obsessed! This is the most wearable and stunning highlighter I own making it perfect for a fresh spring makeup look. It’s a finely milled, lightweight powder with a peach/ golden finish, perfect if you have pale skin like me. Another product I’ve found myself reaching for pretty much every time I wear eyeshadow is MAC Vanilla Pigment. I love using this with matte eyeshadows to bring them to life or in the inner corner of my eyes to keep a smokey eye looking bright. Admittedly using a pigment is a bit of a faff, but the finish makes it worth while.

Lastly my fragrance and nail polish picks are completely switched up. I think my love for perfumes comes from my mum because she always seems to have around 10 on rotation at once, and now I’m obsessed! A few fragrances I can’t be without for spring are Paul Smith Floral, Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede and Chloe Love Story. All three of these scents are floral based with fruity or musky/ woody twist making them perfect for this time of year. In between Bio Sculpture Gel treatments the nail polish I have been reaching for the most is the Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Rose Hip which is a stunning pale blush pink shade. The Gelly formulation from Barry M provides a glossy, pigmented colour that lasts a good few days without chipping – for £3.99 they’re a bargain.

How do you switch up your makeup for spring?

29 responses to “Spring Beauty Essentials”

1. Planet Lils says:

Lovely post! I definitely agree with the concealer picks! http://Www.lilymyaxo.blogspot.co.uk

2. Caroline Malone says:

I'm officially obsessed with that Rose Hip shade! Also I think I'm going to have to try the maybelline fit me concealer, sadly I use so much concealer it would be pointless for me to splurge on a higher end one but if it's a good dupe then I need to try it! xxwww.iridescentplaces.com

• Jodie Moores says:

Ahh I'm glad I'm not the only one, so pretty isn't it! Ah you haven't tried it? It's definitely my favourite affordable concealer and I've tried quite a few x

3. Alice Snell says:

Becca Opal is such a beautiful shade, as soon as I saw it I knew it would be beautiful.Alice | alicemaysnell

4. Lotte Kerr says:

I must try the nars concealer, don't know how I haven't yet!Lotte | http://www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

5. Lee says:

Yes, I love a good inner corner highlight. I love them especially in the warmer seasons 🙂 Lee | http://www.thatbellemakeup.co.uk

6. Sharmili R says:

I'm obsessed with Becca opal too! It's my year around favorite highlighter 🙂 That lip balm is also such a gorgeous color and perfect for the warmer months. I've been eying some Jo Malone fragrances– I'll have to smell peony and blush suede, although it sounds gorgeous!Mili | Sharmtoaster

• Jodie Moores says:

Glad you like Becca Opal too, it's a staple in my collection! Jo Malone is a must, i've always had a lovely experience shopping in there and Peony and Blush suede is like nothing I have ever smelt! x

7. Amber Gregory says:

I don't know why I haven't tried the Nars concealer yet!! I feel the same about the Maybelline Fit Me though, I use the lightest shade and I feel like it is still a bit too dark for me.www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

8. Leanne Page says:

Opal is such a gorgeous shade. I haven't actually used it in while, I must get it back out. I don't actually have any pigments aside from a few barry M ones. I think I need to invest. This year I'm going for super peachy tones and oranges 🙂 xxwww.lpagebeauty.com

9. Fa nny says:

Lovely picks! I wasn't aware of that No7 lip balm range, but it sounds really lovely and right up my street: I'm all about lip balms which are still a little bit pigmented! I will definitely check it out (as well as the other shades)! http://fannyanddailybeauty.com

10. cindyhyue says:

I seriously cannot wait for Glossier to hit the UK because I think the stretch concealer will be perfect for you and no makeup, makeup days! It's what I've been reaching for since I picked it up and I'm basically at the point where I'm ready to get rid of all my other concealers haha. I'm so excited that Jo Malone has launched at Sephora in the US and I was lucky to snag a mini Peony and Blush Suede for all my travels next month. I haven't reached for my Becca Opal in a while so I think I'll need to break that one out soon. Great picks, Jodie!!Cindy | http://www.cindyhyue.com

11. SofiaaDot says:

That looks like an absolutely stunning highlight :Dxx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

12. Katie Wright says:

Gorgeous recommendations! I've been searching for a good BB cream, so I may go pick up the La Roche Posay one!{ Katie Actually }

Ooh I'll have to give the la roche posay effeclar bb blur a go – sounds fab!Lucy | Forever September

14. Sophie Wuthrich says:

I absolutely love switching up beauty products! Even though I'm not reeeally a seasonal person there are times when I'm just like 'This would be awesome in Spring,' or whichever season. For me, I think I switch up my nail polishes and perfumes/mists more often that makeup just because my makeup is pretty much the same all year round. I think I change my lip colour now that I've started trying out more lip products. Love the post Jodi!-Sophie xxCherries & Perfume ♡

15. Elena Isabelle says:

i can't wait to finally get my hands on a becca highlighter when i'm in london in the summer. they just look so great and sadly they aren't available here.❥www.elenaisabelle.com

16. Caked to the Nines says:

This post is putting me in such a springy mood! I loveeee Becca Opal! It really is the most beautiful highlighter. It's my favorite one from the brand 🙂 xxNida | Caked to the Nines

17. Faye Laura says:

I love the sound of that No7 lip balm, I really like balms with a bit of colour to them! xxwww.fridayfaye.com

18. The Bookworm Beauty says:

The No7 lip balm sounds great, and the MAC pigment sounds lovely, too.The Bookworm Beauty

19. Gem flutterandsparkle says:

Loving your pretty images! I'm obsessed with pink and pale gold tones right now – so spring fresh!Gemma x | flutterandsparkle.com

20. PintSizedBeauty says:

All of these photographs are gorgeous! Now I've added lots of products to my wishlist too xxLily | http://www.pintsizedbeauty.com

21. A Bloggers Beauty says:

The no.7 lip balm I love! I will have to try the others for sure!Elle xwww.abloggersbeauty.com

22. Lotte and Life says:

Just discovered your blog and I love it! Thanks for the inpiration, must try that No7 Lip Balm. 😘http://lotteandlife.blogspot.co.uk/

23. Charlotte Lane says:

I really need to try another BECCA highlighter, as I only own Champagne Pop and I absolutely love it. The MAC vanilla pigment sounds great as well, I always love to have shimmery eyes that catch the light! I'm constantly changing up my perfume and I actually own over 15 (slight obsession!?) and I have quite a few Spring/Summer scented ones which I love – Marc Jacobs Daisy is perfect for Summer, it smells amazing and the bottle is soo cute xoChar | http://www.charslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk