Four to Try

I never seem to accumulate enough products to do a traditional monthly favourites, but there are a few things I’m using as a part of my daily makeup routine that are too good not to share!

Too Faced Hangover Primer – £27

I can’t believe that I never used to use a primer before this – believe the hype, it’s a game changer! I have combination skin that can become quite dehydrated, this manages to hydrate my skin without clogging my pores or making it any more oily, leaving me a soft and makeup ready base without feeling at all greasy. I’m now on the hunt for a more affordable option that I can use daily though, £27 is a little steep when most days I’m just going to work.

GOSH Velvet Touch Lip Liner in Nougat Crisp – £4.99

Earlier this month I had a little makeup clear out and discovered an amazing dupe for my trusty Charlotte Tilbury Pillowtalk lip cheat.. In terms of both formulation and colour ‘Nougat Crisp’ is actually pretty similar. The formulation isn’t at all drying and the soft, velvety texture makes cheating a fuller lip easy, exactly like the CT lip cheats! One thing I would say is that when swatched the colour does look slightly darker, but on the lips it really does create the same perfect base for a natural lip look.

Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette – £18

It’s rare that I will wear eyeshadow on a day to day basis, but when I do I will more often than not reach for this beauty. I love warm toned shadows and this palette is jam packed with glistening golden browns, the perfect matte crease shades and colours that look stunning teamed together or worn alone. The formulation of both the shimmers and mattes is exactly what I look for, pigmented, blendable and soft to the touch. I really need to invest in more Zoeva palettes as I’m so impressed with this, my favourite shades are Pure Ganache and Freshly Toasted (Warm Notes is also stunning for a bolder look)

Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Brows – £18.50

This is a more recent addition to my brow routine, and a brow gel is definitely not something I usually splurge on after finding more affordable alternatives – but, I do like to make exceptions for Charlotte Tilbury. Unlike a lot of my other brow taming gels, this really does manage to add volume and give me a naturally thicker looking brow. I have the shade Cara and it’s the perfect medium cool toned brown, it doesn’t leave my brows looking stiff yet they stay groomed and in place throughout the whole day. As the wand is so small it does take a little longer to go through all the brow hairs with this, but the extra time is well worth it for the results.

Have you tried any of these products?

27 responses to “Four to Try”

1. Alice Snell says:

I know that I will be heading to Superdrug on my lunch break tomorrow to get that GOSH lip liner, thank you! The Zoeva palette looks so nice, all of their palettes do actually.Alice | alicemaysnell

• Jodie Moores says:

Oo did you end up getting it? I'm so in love with it and I'm still reaching for it everyday, it's such a steal. Agreed, all of the Zoeva palettes look fab!

2. Becca Fletcher says:

The Zoeva palette looks so pretty. Im actually debating whether or not I should buy it. LOLwww.beautylifebecca.blogspot.co.uk

3. The Makeup Directory says:

I got the Zoeva palette for my birthday and I'm SO glad I picked it up, it looks gorgeous, can't wait to try it!!The Makeup Directory

4. Sophie Bolton says:

That palette is beautiful, I've been looking at it for a while! 🙂 Sophie – sophielillie.blogspot.com

5. Kate Rose xo says:

That Zoeva palette has been on my list of things to buy for ages now! All the shades look stunning. XKate// itskaterose.com

6. Liz says:

Love the Too Faced Primer!!xo, Lizhttp://lipstickandconfetti.com

7. Louise Jennifer says:

I actually haven't tried any of these, but I will be picking up the lip liner as I've been debating buying the Charlotte Tilbury one for a while. You've also sold the Too Faced primer to me; it sounds perfect for my skin type! Louise | Lipstick & Luxe

• Jodie Moores says:

Ahh no way! I didn't pick up the Too Faced primer for ages but then I finally went for it, honestly it's so worth it, it's seriously helped make my makeup last all day!

8. Lilies Beauty says:

The Cocoa Blend Palette has been on my list for such a long time now – it's gorgeous!Great post as always lovely! xMelanie // Lilies Beauty

9. Lauren Victoria says:

I loved this post! I so need to go get that lip liner. It looks so pretty and I love how it's a Pillow Talk dupe too. The Zoeva palette is so lovely too. Those swatches xitslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

10. Amber Gregory says:

I have seen so many posts about or involving the GOSH makeup lip liners! I must try some!www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

11. Faye Laura says:

I can't wait to pick up the Too Faced Primer next week! I really hope it works for me, because as you mentioned, it's pretty pricey! xxwww.fridayfaye.com

12. Danielle Alexa says:

I really want to try the Too Faced primer, it has been on my list for so long!The Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Brows is my go to on an everyday basis, it is so quick and easy!Danielle xxhttp://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

13. Caroline Malone says:

I really want to get my hands on that hangover primer but like you said, 27 is quite steep! I'm thinking it may be a treat to myself for payday but I would need a good option for the week so keep me posted if you find anything just as good 😉 xxwww.iridescentplaces.com

14. Abigail Alice x says:

I really want to try the Hangover Primer I have heard only amazing things about it for all skin types!Abigail Alice 💕

15. Elena Isabelle says:

the legendary lashes is amazing. such a great mascara but i probably won't get it again because drugstore mascaras are just as good. ❥www.elenaisabelle.com

16. Julia Kaylee Dawn says:

I love Zoeva palette! All those shades are my go-to ones & I love that it has matte, shimmer & glittery ones!xxKaylee 🌛ㅣJK's Dawn

17. Gemma Louise says:

Your blog is dreadful for my bank account, another purchase made based on your reviews! xxGemma Louise

18. Beckie says:

Definitely need to try the Zoeva palette! The shades look incredible and so wearable!Ohsobecky

I adore the zoeva cocoa blends palette, one of my all time faves – really must try the too faced hangover primer!Lucy | Forever September

20. Charlotte Lane says:

All of these products sound amazing and I think I need to purchase the Too Faced Hangover Primer soon – I don't think I've heard of anyone not liking it! I'm also dying to try out a Zoeva eyeshadow palette – they look a m a z i n g xoChar | http://www.charslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk