The Bronzed/ Golden Eyeshadow Edit

When an occasion comes around where I get the chance to play with makeup, I always opt for a bronzed, warm toned eyeshadow. I find it the most flattering shade for my blue eyes and it pairs well with every makeup look possible. I have accumulated a fair few single eyeshadows that fall under the bronzed category – and yes I definitely need them all, if not more!

I’ll start with the most affordable, the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in – you guessed it ‘On and On Bronze’ £4.99. This is such a beautiful cream eyeshadow, except a little more stiff in texture which helps it stay put ALL DAY! This is incredibly pigmented, long lasting and as the name suggests a gorgeous true bronze shade. Also a summer holiday essential for me as it works nicely as a base for eyeshadows or buffed out and worn on it’s own – can you tell I’m obsessed!? Another bronzed cream eyeshadow in my collection is ‘Bette’ from Charlotte Tilbury’s Eyes to Mesmerise range £22, this has more of a mousse like texture so isn’t quite as long lasting, but the pigmentation and bronzed sheen it leaves on the lids is just perfect for everyday wear!

The Sephora Eyeshadow in Hollywoods Calling $5 is a shade I forget about all too often, but every time I use it I remember just why I love it so much! It’s a gorgeous high shimmer/ glittery true bronze shade, used wet this gives a metallic effect perfect for special occasions. Another favourite is MAC’s Amber Lights £13. This is a gorgeous warm toned bronze/ orange shade, the pigmentation is amazing and with the orange undertones it compliments blue eyes perfectly. Both of these are definitely shades I reach for on special occasions.

Lastly is Makeup Geek Magic Act £9.25, which clearly isn’t a bronzed eyeshadow, but, it does pair beautifully with all of the shades above, and if I want the same effect as a bronzed eyeshadow but on muted I always opt for this. The Makeup Geek eyeshadows are seriously impressive, I’m on a mission to fill a Z Palette this year.

Pretty much all of the shadows I try which have a warm/ bronzed look to them always seem to be pigmented, an amazing formulation and generally the best quality out of all the shades in a collection! Maybe they’re easy for brands to get right, I’m definitely not complaining as they are my go to shades…

1) Maybelline On and On Bronze 2) CT Bette 3) MUG Magic Act 4) MAC Amber Lights 5) Sephora Hollywoods Calling

Do you have any bronzed eyeshadow favourites?

48 responses to “The Bronzed/ Golden Eyeshadow Edit”

1. MarbleBeauty says:

These are such beautiful shades! The Charlotte Tilbury looks so pretty, I might have to invest. Lovely post!Chloe xxwww.marblebeauty.co.uk

• Jodie Moores says:

Thank you Chloe, glad you enjoyed it. The CT shadow is beautiful and so nice as an everyday and easy to use option!

2. PetiteElliee says:

Golden eyeshadow is my fave! I find that it really brings out my green eyesEllie xxwww.petiteelliee.com

3. Noirette Diary says:

On And On Bronze is one of my favorite eyeshadows ever! Works great as a base too <3 | http://www.noirettediary.com |

4. Francisca Carvalho says:

I'm obsessed with the Maybelline Colour Tattoo, one of my favourite eyeshadows ever. Super tempted by the Charlotte Tilbury Bette eyeshadow too! Lovely post <3Francisca | http://www.franciscamay.com

• Jodie Moores says:

It's fab isn't it, think I need to pick up a new one soon as I've had this for atleast 18 months! They're lovely, a good everyday option!

5. Izzy K says:

These all look like such lovely shades. Need to get my hands on the Charlotte Tilbury one it looks lush!http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

6. Elena Isabelle says:

magic art looks so sooooo beautiful. i would love to add it into my collection.❥www.elenaisabelle.com

7. Becca Fletcher says:

The colour tattoos by maybelline are gorgeous. I use mine all the time! http://www.beautylifebecca.blogspot.co.uk

• Jodie Moores says:

What other shades do you have? I have a cranberry shade but never reach for it as the formulation isn't the same as On and On Brozne! Definitely want to try more though x

8. Mihaela Balan says:

I definitely like the one you have from Maybeline, I don't use any of yours but I have some from Gosh (a danish brand). Like your pictures and the vibe of your website. http://mihabalan.com

• Jodie Moores says:

Oo I've heard of Gosh, I used to use a lot of their products but I haven't tried any of their eyeshadows! Thank you so much, glad you like it!

9. Emma Kate says:

Amber Lights is so beautiful! You can't go wrong with a glowy golden look xxwww.emmakatehall.co.uk

10. Beckie Porritt says:

Oh what a pretty post! They all look so beautiful. I love a good bronzed golden eyeshadow.Beckie xo // The Pale Tails

11. The Makeup Directory says:

Have you tried Isolde Jodie? You would LOVE it!! One of the shades looks a lot like Amber Lights actually! Must try that.The Makeup Directory

• Jodie Moores says:

Ahh I haven't but I already know which duo you mean because every time I seen it I remember how beautiful it looks! I have a Nars eyeshadow palette and I love it so I don't really know why I don't have Isolde! You've definitely convinced me with this haha! x

12. Charlotte Lane says:

All of these shades look so pretty! I have Maybelline's On and On Bronze and I definitely don't use it enough – you've inspired me to start using it again! Also, everyone loves MAC Amber Lights and I can see why – it's such a gorgeous shade xoChar | http://www.charslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

13. Leanne Page says:

I love warm tones too. Magic Act and On and On Bronze are firm favourites of mine too. I must check out the other shades you've mentioned. Especially the CT one. I'm love the BH cosmetics and Carli Bybel palette, it has some really nice bronze-y shades in it xxLPage Beauty

• Jodie Moores says:

They're so nice aren't they! I've never tried anything from BH cosmetics, just had a little look on BB and I can't believe how affordable it is! I never usually have luck ordering from Beauty Bay but if I do in the future I'll definetly try a couple of their products, the Carli Bybel palette looks beautiful!

14. Caroline Malone says:

I was absolutely obsessed with these sorts of shades in the Autumn and Winter months! I really recommend getting Mac's Extra Dimension Eyeshadow in Amorous Alloy, you'd love it! I think I'll have to add MAC Amber Lights to my ever growing copper/bronze collection! xxwww.iridescentplaces.com

• Jodie Moores says:

I seem to use them all year round! Oo I've just googled it and it looks amazing, I don't have a bronze in my collection with a red/ warm undertone! x

15. Deliciously- Floral says:

great picks! you can't go wrong with a classic bronze shadow – Mac Woodwinked and Urban Decay Smog are my fave!xxwww.deliciously-floral.co.uk

• Jodie Moores says:

Oo how have I not tried Woodwinked!? I remember everyone used to rave about it but I've never even swatched it, definitely need to try it next time I'm instore! x

16. Catherine W says:

The Sephora eyeshadow looks gorgeous! I definitely need to experiment more and get out of my champagne pink safety box haha xoLove, Catherine

• Jodie Moores says:

It's really beautiful! Think it was only around £5 so an absolute bargain too. I have a couple of pink champagne shades that I love wearing too, these shades would suit you so well! I think broned eyeshadows look amazing with blonde hair! x

17. Rachel Kromdijk says:

wauw they look so amazing, love these picks! lots of love,

18. Emma Heapy says:

I love the Sephora eyeshadows xxGlossy Boutique

19. Parie Joshi says:

The maybelline colour tattoos sound amazing, can't believe I've never tried them!Parie xClass and Glitter

20. Danielle Alexa says:

I love the Charlotte Tilbury Eyes To Mesmerise range, they are great just got a night out because like you said they aren't particularly long wearing but I do love them!Danielle xxhttp://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

21. Charlotte says:

I love a good bronzed and golden eye look I feel they are so easy to creative but they are so effective not too mention they suit literally everyone!! That CT in Bette looks so soft to touch, the colour is so pretty too! I have on and on bronze and I feel it is perfect to start of the eye look and to build shadows on top of. Charlotte / Charlotte's Picks

• Jodie Moores says:

Yeah I couldn't agree more. To be honest I probably don't need both Bette and On and On bronze but I definitely get use out of both of them!

22. Lauren says:

I really love that light gold in the centre, the other colours are gorgeous too but that one really stands out. Lauren x Huggled

• Jodie Moores says:

It's beautiful isn't it, I'm wearing it today with a little brown eyeliner and mascara and it really lifts an everyday makeup look! It's a bargain too from Makeup Geek x

23. Shellie Skillen says:

Everything about these shades makes me happy! I love Magic Act its such a pretty colour the MUG shadows so pigmented, I haven't tried any of the colour tattoos but I might just have to pick this one up, like you said it will really compliment blue eyes.www.shellieskillen.com

I'm obsessed with bronze/gold eyes – I've always meant to pick up 'on and on bronze'!Lucy | Forever September

25. Annabelle says:

I looove bronzed eyeshadows, especially in the summertime! It just makes your eyes sparkle!x Annabelletravelsandtea.com

26. Jasmine Stewart says:

On and On Bronze is EVERYTHING! Clearly I'm a fan of this look because I own all but one of these so it looks like Hollywood Calling will be my next addition hahaJasmine xx Jasmine Talks Beauty