Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette Dupe & Review

Rimmel Eyeshadow Palette
We all know and love the Urban Decay Naked palettes. I’ve managed to collect all of them after falling in love with the original. Now, the only one missing from my collection is the Naked 3. When it comes to eyeshadow I usually stay within my comfort zone opting for warm toned bronzed shades, but I decided to pick up a dupe of the Naked 3 and test it before committing to the bigger purchase.

The dupe in question is the Rimmel Magnifeyes Eyeshadow palette – Blush Edition. This post has been updated since the initial launch of this palette. It now 12 shades instead of 8, making it even more similar to the infamous UD Naked 3.

The shades all have a pink hue reminiscent of the Naked 3. I have blue eyes and these colours seem to compliment them well. I think these shades will also look amazing with brown or green eyes too. I’m lucky enough to have the other Urban Decay Naked palettes, so below is a little comparison of how these shadows compare.

How does the Naked 3 dupe compare?

The positives

The main pro for me is being able to try a selection of colours that I wouldn’t usually reach for, without having to take the plunge and splurge on the Naked 3. Most of the shadows are good in terms of pigmentation and texture, the last three swatches (see below) are my favourite shades, they look stunning as part of a smokey eye look or on there own. The eyeshadows do blend nicely too and teamed with the Urban Decay Primer Potion it lasts a good 7-8 hours before starting to fade or crease on my eyelids.

Things that could be improved

The palest shades in the palette are a disappointment, they are quite chalky and not very pigmented. I rarely use the palest shades of a palette anyway, but if you do then it’s not ideal. Since first writing this Rimmel have now included a darker matte shade in the palette and updated the shade range which I think was much needed. When this was first launched it definitely needed the mattes now included to help blend everything. Another thing, with high street makeup you don’t get the beautiful packaging. It’s not directly linked to the product but it does feel more luxurious using the Urban Decay offering.

If you’re thinking about picking up the Urban Decay Naked 3 but you’re not quite sure, I think it’s well worth paying 1/4 of the usual price tag and opting for the Rimmel dupe.

Do you know any other dupes for the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette?

Never miss a post and follow my blog on Bloglovin’

Youtube / Twitter / Instagram / Facebook

18 responses to “Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette Dupe & Review”

1. Lucy Cole says:

Ooh I love a good dupe!! There are so many naked palette dupes on the high street nowadays xx Lucy x | lucy-cole.co.uk

2. Mel Eaglestone says:

This has some lovely purple hues in it and I like how compact it is as well, I use the W7 palettes and they're just so big for travelling withMel ★ http://www.meleaglestone.co.uk

3. Isobel Celine says:

I have a dupe of the urban decay palettes by make up revolution and I used to use them to death but I rarely use them now as I've found a better palette but still by make up revolution as the shadows and pigment as well as quality of them are much better and stay on longer. I'm talking about the chocolate palettes they sell :)Isobel xNew post: http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/fashion-advice-what-i-would-tell-my.html?m=1Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/isobelcelineNew Video: https://youtu.be/RqefMiIyfswBloglovin : https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionista-chic-12984939

4. Faye Laura says:

I would probably want to use the paler shades the most so maybe this one isn't for me 🙁 thanks for the super helpful review! xxwww.fridayfaye.com

5. Zara says:

These shades are beautiful, I got a Naked 3 for Christmas though and I'm pretty in love already! xxmisszarabelle.blogspot.co.uk

6. Lizzie ♥ says:

Wow, those shades are beautiful! I am the complete opposite – I prefer cooler and darker shades paired with some really dark lippy. Maybe in the summer I would try out warmer tones like this one, but for now I'll just save this post for future reference (because I don't think I'd want to splurge too much on shades I'm not too sure about…)Lizzie Bee // hellolizziebee.com

7. Veronica Bizzarri says:

I have the Naked 3 palette but never use it because the shades aren't really the colours I like to use.. the swatches in this palette are so lovely though i esp love the matte colourRonniewww.veronicabizzarri.blogspot.co.ukxx

8. Katie Mills says:

You're right, those last three shades look amazing! Much more affordable option than the Naked 3 xBeauty From Katie

9. Trecee Hutchinson says:

The shimmery shades in this palette look really good. I love a good dupe, especially one thats less than half the price!Great post!Teeceehttp://treceefabulous.blogspot.com/

10. Caroline Malone says:

What I love about this dupe is that it doesn't include a black shade which nearly every palette includes and it always goes to waste because I never use it! I'm also someone who never touches the lightest shade, especially "Strange" in Naked 3 anyways! xxwww.iridescentplaces.com

11. Millie Robinson says:

Love the shades in this palette! There are so many Naked palette dupes on the market these days! xwww.abeautyromance.comwww.abeautyromance.com

12. The Makeup Directory says:

Agreed that the darkest shades of this palette massively outperform the lighter ones which is a shame, still a gorgeous one though!The Makeup Directory

13. Josie says:

These colours look so pretty! I'm the same, beautiful packaging makes all the difference (we're bloggers after all haha) xSick Chick Chic

14. Shelise Saddul says:

I personally never really buy eyeshadows I just use my bronzer ha but I have always wanted a pallete like this with different shades and I have to say I really love all these shades! And it's such a good price so I definaetly want to try it outS x | SHELISES WORLD

15. Tara says:

I got the Naked 3 palette for Christmas and like you, had never been interested in it before but now I've used it it's one of my favourite palettes, like you say- the shades are so universally flattering and they're all pretty muted so I can't see a bad look coming from it! http://taradaniella.com/

16. Milenka Millie says:

These colours are just so pretty! It's a shame that the lighter ones are not that pigmented but the stronger ones are just beautiful! I completely agree about the packaging thing. It's just nice to have something pretty sitting on your dressing table! Milenka Milliemillieonhearts.comxx

17. Catherine W says:

Wow this looks gorgeous! I was actually a little disappointed with the lighter shades in the Naked 3 palette so I imagine it's a pretty similar dupe..although like you said, I did prefer the darker shades anyway! xoLove, Catherine

18. Beckie says:

This is such a good dupe and such an affordable price!!www.ohsobecky.com