The Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette Dupe

When it comes to eyeshadow I usually stay within my comfort zone opting for warm toned brown/ bronzed shades, but I think I have found an exception…

When I first saw the Rimmel Magnifeyes Eyeshadow palette in London Nudes Calling* instantly it reminded me of the infamous UD Naked 3, which is honestly a palette that I’ve never been interested in – before now. The shades all have a pink hue to them reminiscent of the Naked 3, which seems to compliment every eye colour and be perfect for both everyday and evening wear.

PROS

The main pro for me is being able to try a selection of colours that I wouldn’t usually reach for, without having to take the plunge and splurge on a palette like the Naked 3. Most of the shadows are good in terms of pigmentation and texture, the last three swatches (see below) are my favourite, they look stunning as part of a smokey eye look or on there own. These shadows do blend nicely too and teamed with the Urban Decay Primer Potion it lasts a good 7-8 hours before starting to fade/ crease on my eyelids.

CONS

The palest shades in the palette are a disappointment, they are quite chalky and barely pigmented. I rarely use the palest shades of a palette anyway, but if you do then it’s annoying. I also feel like a darker matte shade would work well in this to make it even more evening appropriate. Of-course with high street makeup you often don’t get the beautiful packaging, but it’s something I actually miss and quite enjoy from my makeup! Anyone else?

If you’re thinking about picking up the Urban Decay Naked 3 but you’re not quite sure, I think it’s well worth the £7.99 price tag to see what use you get out of it.

Do you know any other dupes for the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette?

Bloglovin’InstagramTwitter

18 responses to “The Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette Dupe”

1. Lucy Cole says:

Ooh I love a good dupe!! There are so many naked palette dupes on the high street nowadays xx Lucy x | lucy-cole.co.uk

2. Mel Eaglestone says:

This has some lovely purple hues in it and I like how compact it is as well, I use the W7 palettes and they're just so big for travelling withMel ★ http://www.meleaglestone.co.uk

3. Isobel Celine says:

I have a dupe of the urban decay palettes by make up revolution and I used to use them to death but I rarely use them now as I've found a better palette but still by make up revolution as the shadows and pigment as well as quality of them are much better and stay on longer. I'm talking about the chocolate palettes they sell :)Isobel xNew post: http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/fashion-advice-what-i-would-tell-my.html?m=1Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/isobelcelineNew Video: https://youtu.be/RqefMiIyfswBloglovin : https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionista-chic-12984939

4. Faye Laura says:

I would probably want to use the paler shades the most so maybe this one isn't for me 🙁 thanks for the super helpful review! xxwww.fridayfaye.com

5. Zara says:

These shades are beautiful, I got a Naked 3 for Christmas though and I'm pretty in love already! xxmisszarabelle.blogspot.co.uk

6. Lizzie ♥ says:

Wow, those shades are beautiful! I am the complete opposite – I prefer cooler and darker shades paired with some really dark lippy. Maybe in the summer I would try out warmer tones like this one, but for now I'll just save this post for future reference (because I don't think I'd want to splurge too much on shades I'm not too sure about…)Lizzie Bee // hellolizziebee.com

7. Veronica Bizzarri says:

I have the Naked 3 palette but never use it because the shades aren't really the colours I like to use.. the swatches in this palette are so lovely though i esp love the matte colourRonniewww.veronicabizzarri.blogspot.co.ukxx

8. Katie Mills says:

You're right, those last three shades look amazing! Much more affordable option than the Naked 3 xBeauty From Katie

9. Trecee Hutchinson says:

The shimmery shades in this palette look really good. I love a good dupe, especially one thats less than half the price!Great post!Teeceehttp://treceefabulous.blogspot.com/

10. Caroline Malone says:

What I love about this dupe is that it doesn't include a black shade which nearly every palette includes and it always goes to waste because I never use it! I'm also someone who never touches the lightest shade, especially "Strange" in Naked 3 anyways! xxwww.iridescentplaces.com

11. Millie Robinson says:

Love the shades in this palette! There are so many Naked palette dupes on the market these days! xwww.abeautyromance.comwww.abeautyromance.com

12. The Makeup Directory says:

Agreed that the darkest shades of this palette massively outperform the lighter ones which is a shame, still a gorgeous one though!The Makeup Directory

13. Josie says:

These colours look so pretty! I'm the same, beautiful packaging makes all the difference (we're bloggers after all haha) xSick Chick Chic

14. Shelise Saddul says:

I personally never really buy eyeshadows I just use my bronzer ha but I have always wanted a pallete like this with different shades and I have to say I really love all these shades! And it's such a good price so I definaetly want to try it outS x | SHELISES WORLD

15. Tara says:

I got the Naked 3 palette for Christmas and like you, had never been interested in it before but now I've used it it's one of my favourite palettes, like you say- the shades are so universally flattering and they're all pretty muted so I can't see a bad look coming from it! http://taradaniella.com/

16. Milenka Millie says:

These colours are just so pretty! It's a shame that the lighter ones are not that pigmented but the stronger ones are just beautiful! I completely agree about the packaging thing. It's just nice to have something pretty sitting on your dressing table! Milenka Milliemillieonhearts.comxx

17. Catherine W says:

Wow this looks gorgeous! I was actually a little disappointed with the lighter shades in the Naked 3 palette so I imagine it's a pretty similar dupe..although like you said, I did prefer the darker shades anyway! xoLove, Catherine

18. Beckie says:

This is such a good dupe and such an affordable price!!www.ohsobecky.com