The Perfect Everyday, Easy to Use Lip Products

For someone that has a draw full of lipsticks I seem to be lacking easy to wear, everyday lip options. The, brace yourselves *your lips but better* lipsticks that look perfect with any look are on my radar – here’s the options I currently have in my collection, if you have any other recommendations then please let me know.

The Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfectors £18
1) Rosewood Shimmer, picture on the left
2) Rose Shimmer, picture on the right.

First of all I don’t agree with the hefty price tag of £18 for these, but I’m yet to find any product that competes on the highstreet. The Clarins Lip Perfectors are one of a kind, they are so comfortable and add only a slight amount of colour with a glossy yet natural looking finish. They don’t last particularly long but they wear really well and feel lovely once applied. My favourite out of the two is the nude shade, it’s pretty much always in my handbag.

MAC Lustre finish lipsticks £15.50
1) Plink, picture on the left
2) Patisserie, picture on the right

I never used to appreciate the lustre finish lipsticks from MAC, but they have slowly become one of my favourites for an easy to wear subtle wash of colour that feels comfortable throughout the day. They don’t last particularly long  Admittedly Plink and Patisserie are pretty similar, but my patisserie is by fay my favourite of the two with more of a rose pink finish rather than baby pink. Both of these shades have small flexes of glitter/ shimmer running through them which help to make the lips look more plump/ full too.

Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick Bitch Perfect £23 – picture on the left
Nars Satin Lip Pencil Descanso £20 – picture on the right

Bitch Perfect was probably one of my most used shades of 2016. Similar to Patisserie it’s a comfortable, easy to wear lipstick that looks nice with any makeup look. Out of all the shades this is the most long lasting which is one of the reasons I kept reaching for it. A more recent addition to my collection is the Nars lip pencil in Descanso, this is a gorgeous nude with a peach undertone so it will be perfect for spring/ summer. It lasts really well and fades evenly so it’s a hassle free, easy lip product.

Rimmel Kate Moss 56 Boho Nude – £6.49

Lastly I wanted to include a more affordable option. This is slightly different to the other lipsticks as it has much more pigmentation and a creamy formulation, but it’s still one of those lipsticks that I can just throw on with any look. Rimmel lipsticks never fail to impress me, the formulation is fab as they are long lasting without being drying, and I always seem to find a fair few shades that I love. A real winner is you’re looking for an affordable beige toned nude.

1) Clarins Rosewood Shimmer 2) Clarins Rose Shimmer 3) Charlotte Tilbury Bitch Perfect 4) MAC Patisserie 5) MAC Plink 6) Nars Descanso 7) Rimmel Kate Boho Nude 56

What’s your favourite everyday, easy to wear lipstick?

you may also like: My top 5 Nude Lipsticks

47 responses to “The Perfect Everyday, Easy to Use Lip Products”

1. Emmys Beauty Cave says:

I have Bitch Perfect and love it! My favourite your lips but better shades have to be ColourPop Bestie & MAC Faux.EmmysBeautyCave | Blog Header Designs | Instagram

• Jodie Moores says:

I still haven't tried MAC Faux, I keep hearing loads about it and then just forgetting! Definitely going to try it next time I'm near a counter xx

2. Charlotte says:

I love this colour range, it's so me! Who doesn't love a your lips but better shade, it's ideal for everyday use! I really need to get my hands on some of those MAC lipsticks!Charlotte / Charlotte's Picks

3. Laura Kroczek says:

I really love the look of the Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick! I might treat myself to one for my birthday in April 🙂 Xxhttp://get-ready-with-laura.blogspot.de

• Jodie Moores says:

It's the perfect shade for spring and its a lovely lipstick in general, so I would agree with you there 😉 xx

4. Lucy Cole says:

This is such a handy post! I really want to get into wearing more lippies, especially gloss so those Clarins ones look perfect! XxLucy x // http://lucy-cole.co.uk

5. Emily says:

These shades look lovely! Descanso is my favourite! :)Emily / The Mini Mermaid

6. JaynieShannonx says:

Ooo these are great. The mac ones look great! I use Creme D'Nude and Japanese Maple from mac a lot :)Jaynie Shannon | Beauty & Lifestylexx

• Jodie Moores says:

Ahh Creme D'Nude is such a classic! I used to wear that quite a while ago but I'm so pale that it just doesn't suit me, so lucky that you can pull it off, I bet it looks stunning! x

7. Megan Jean says:

I love nude lips for every day and even more so for nighttime tbh, I think they look amazing with a more intense eye look. I love Celebrity Skin by Jeffree Star and Brave from Mac, my two go-tos. xMegan | http://www.meganjean.co.uk

• Jodie Moores says:

Ahh yes I'm the same, although I go for something more intense like MAC Velvet Teddy, I love it! I've heard so much about Celebrity Skin, it looks like the perfect nude x

8. Catherine W says:

You've reminded me how much I loved the Clarins lipglosses! I have Petal Shimmer and it's so pretty. Lovely post! xoLove, Catherine

9. Estefania says:

My faves are twig and mocha from Mac , they're satins and are pretty easy to wear too!Instagram | Blog

10. ella ryder says:

I've tried all of these and love them! Need to get some new shades of the Clarins though :)Ella xx]http://www.ellaryder.com/

11. Millie Robinson says:

I love MAC Patisserie, it's one of my favourite nudes! xwww.abeautyromance.comwww.abeautyromance.com

12. Caroline Malone says:

I've been hearing a lot about those Clarins ones! I usually love a lipstick, but I think in the colder months, the dryer my skin gets the more I like the "no lipstick" lipstick. I have to say I have a couple of Lustre finishes from Mac and they definitely started growing on me this season too! xxwww.iridescentplaces.com

• Jodie Moores says:

I'm exactly the same, on the odd occasion I'll reach for a matte finish and my lips feel so dry afterwards. I really love the Clarins lip perfectors, they're moisturising and actually add a nice finish to the lips xx

13. Leanne Page says:

Bitch Perfect is one of my favourite shades, I need to use it more. I love the sound of the Clarins Lip Perfectors. I really like the Clinique chubby sticks for everyday wear too xxLPage Beauty

• Jodie Moores says:

It's so nice isn't it, I love the finish of the K.I.S.S.I.N.G range, really need to try more shades. Ahh I had a tester from a magazine a while back but I wasn't keen on the shade, I remember it being really nice for a sheer finish though! x

14. Jennifer Frank says:

ah this combo is so pretty, i love them all. i got the charlotte tilbury minis last year and bitch perfect was my favourite.jen | velvet spring

15. Wildfire Charm says:

These are such beautiful shades! I love the look of MAC lustre lipsticks xwww.wildfirecharm.com

16. lilymyaX says:

my current favourite everyday lip product is the makeup revolution 'dusky' lipstick xxwww.ourfloralworldmail.wixsite.com/sparkleandshine

17. Katie says:

Bitch Perfect looks like the most perfect nude shade! http://www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

18. Noirette Diary says:

Beautiful shades! I've been wanting to try the Clarins Lip Perfectors for a while now, but I actually have way too many nude options in my stash. x| http://www.noirettediary.com |

19. Charlotte Lane says:

I love all of these shades – they are all definitely perfect nudes! My favourites are MAC Plink and Nars Descanso. Your photography is gorgeous by the way 🙂 xoChar | http://www.charslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

20. Laura Hollier says:

These all look gorgeous, and the photography is out of this world!! Laura | Laurzrah

21. Karishma Karim says:

All these nudes look lovely on you. I recently bought CT Penelope Pink which I think you would also love 🙂 Who needs an excuse to buy CT right? I definitely need to pick up the Rimmel one on my next Boots visit! Karishma xxhttp://beneaththebrush.com

22. RolliBeauty says:

I love these! Im not the biggest fan of the glossy ones, but that's just me preferring more matte finishes.

23. Josie says:

I love lipsticks like these because you don't even have to really think about it! I really love a L'Oreal one, I think it's called Fairest Nude or something like that! xSick Chick Chic

24. Prarthana Gogoi says:

I am a lipstick hoarder myself and I know how hard it is to find the perfect lipstick for a normal day!Love your blog! You just got a new follower! ♥ Keep up the good work!With Love,Anna || Fuzzword

I love a good your lips but better lip colour – great post full of lovely shades!Lucy | Forever September

26. Gemma Louise says:

Loved this post, nudes are my favourite & these are gorgeous shades! xxGemma Louise

27. Leanne Webber says:

Love the look of the Nars lip pencil – I really like the glossy finish it has.Great post and fab photos!Leanne xx nailsandteapots

28. Natalie Redman says:

Love the look of the Charlotte Tilbury lipstick!www.upyourvlog.com

29. Shellie Skillen says:

These are such gorgeous shades, I love the look of the clarins and both of the mac lipsticks definitely adding them to my list! http://www.shellieskillen.com

30. Honey says:

I like all of these, but MAC is always a good idea :Dxo Honey – blog Royal Lifestyle – Twitter – Instagram

31. Holly Watkins says:

I love Clarins lip glosses! They smell so good. Some gorgeous shades too. Just stumbled across your blog and It's such an inspiration.Holly| http://heyitsok.co.uk/

32. Rachael Styles says:

Boho Nude is such an old favourite for me, it's a shade I haven't pulled out in ages. Those Clarin Lip Perfectors are something I've been meaning to try, I need to pick one up!Helpless Whilst Drying