Breakout Busting Skincare

Anyone’s skin have a meltdown after Christmas? From all of the over indulging it’s safe to say my skin suffered. Alongside getting back on track with eating better and drinking more water, these skincare picks have saved and restored my skin from the devastation caused by too much prosecco and chocolate…

I’ll start with my current mask of choice, the Super Facialist by Una Brennan Salicylic Acid Anti Blemish Mask £9.99 – an absolute godsend. This mask really does help to clear my skin and prevent blemishes. Probably one to stir clear off if you have sensitive skin as it does have a slight stinging sensation at first, which I’m guessing is the Salicylic acid. My skin doesn’t feel too tight or dehydrated after using this like some clay masks making it perfect for use all year round.

When it comes to targeted blemish treatments La Roche Posay has been my go to brand for years. I find the original Effaclar DUO to be quite intense and dry out the skin too much, whereas the Effaclar K  £14 does exactly the same job without leaving too much damage. This manages to reduce redness overnight and stop any other blemishes appearing in the surrounding area – a must have if like me you are prone to the odd breakout.

In terms of a serum it has to be the Nip and Fab Gylcolic Fix Serum £15. As the name suggests this contains Gylcolic acid and acts as a exfoliator, but it only contains 4% so isn’t too harsh on the skin. After using this continually I do notice that the fine lines on my forehead aren’t as visible and my complexsion looks much clearer. This is a really nice serum to use if you want to introduce gylcolic acids into your skincare routine, it’s the first one I tried and still a firm favourite!

Lastly a product with holy grail status for me, the Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar moisturiser £35.50. Usually this doesn’t get a look in during the colder months because I need something more hydrating, but when my skin isn’t behaving I know that switching back to this will do the trick. It is a gel moisturiser so it feels lovely and cooling on the skin, and more importantly it keeps my skin clear and helps with any blemish scaring I may have. A fab product if you have that typical “teenage skin” even though you’re in your 20’s – it manages to keep things clear without being too stripping.

I try and combine these products with a hydrating toner and cleanser and it seems to work well for me. What products do you reach for when your skin is misbehaving?

1. Parie Joshi
    January 11, 2017 / 6:29 pm

This could not have come at a better time, my skin is looking terrible! Parie xClass and Glitter

• Jodie Moores
      January 12, 2017 / 9:19 pm

I think Christmas has got the better of most of us! Hope it was helpful xx

2. Lipstick & Confetti
    January 11, 2017 / 8:05 pm

My skin has been awful since the holidays! I can't wait to try out some of your recommendations :)xo, Lizhttp://lipstickandconfetti.com

• Jodie Moores
      January 12, 2017 / 9:19 pm

Aw please let me know if you do 🙂

3. Isobel Celine
    January 11, 2017 / 8:37 pm
    • Jodie Moores
      January 12, 2017 / 9:20 pm

Yeah I used to swear by Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, I trust all of these brands when it comes to blemish treatments x

4. Jessie-Ann Lewis
    January 11, 2017 / 10:04 pm

Ugh my skin is awful at the moment – I really need to try that Nip and Fab range! I always use Clinique and it seems to do the trick 🙂 Think it's just all of the crap I ate over Christmas coming out on my chin haha! xxJessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

• Jodie Moores
      January 12, 2017 / 9:20 pm

Yeah my chin has took the hit mainly, so annoying! Ahh I've actually never tried any skincare from Clinique, want to try the take the day off balm from them 🙂 x

5. Veronica Bizzarri
    January 12, 2017 / 12:06 am

I love the La Roche Posay brand! I found the Effaclar Duo dried out my skin too much but the new formulation of the duo plus doesn't at all! The Nip + Fab Serum sounds amazing i've been looking for an exfoliating and its hard to find ones that arent too harshRonniewww.veronicabizzarri.blogspot.co.ukxx

• Jodie Moores
      January 12, 2017 / 9:22 pm

Oo I'll have to try that next then, thank you for letting me know! Yeah it's perfect, I want to try the Pixi Glow Tonic next x

6. McKenzie Miller
    January 12, 2017 / 4:09 am

I really need to focus more on my skincare for this year and buying the right products. I really love philosophy's products a lot. I think there are so many products out there it's hard to pinpoint the right ones. Love the products you showcased here! xoMcKenzie | maybemckenzie.com

• Jodie Moores
      January 12, 2017 / 9:37 pm

I agree, my go to brands are Kielhs and Philosophy, everything I've tried from both of them I love! x

7. Ambar Syed
    January 12, 2017 / 7:40 am

Some lovely recommendations Jodie – needed to read a post like this as my skin has been crazy lately! Ambar x | Her Little Loves

• Jodie Moores
      January 12, 2017 / 9:38 pm

Thank you Ambar, glad you like them! Don't worry I'm definitely in the same boat x

8. Charlotte Colours and Carousels
    January 12, 2017 / 9:56 am

Yup, my skin hates me right now! Definitely going to give some of these a go, I've tried other products from Nip + Fab, Superfacialist & La Roche Posay but haven't tested any of these yet xCharlotte / Colours & Carousels

• Jodie Moores
      January 12, 2017 / 9:39 pm

Ahh these are my favourites! What else have you tried from the brand? I really want to get more from La Roche Posay! x

9. Lucy Cole
    January 12, 2017 / 3:14 pm

Such a handy post! The serum sounds well worth a try xx Lucy x | lucy-cole.co.uk

• Jodie Moores
      January 12, 2017 / 9:43 pm

Glad you found it helpful, its great! x

10. Abigail Alice x
    January 12, 2017 / 8:36 pm

I love Nip and Fab but havent tried the Glycolic formula yet I would love to try it.Abigail Alice x

• Jodie Moores
      January 12, 2017 / 9:44 pm

It's really good, I've tried a couple of products from the other ranges they have and it's by far my favourite 🙂

11. Jasmine Stewart
    January 12, 2017 / 9:05 pm

I totally agree on the Una Brennan mask – it's insane how effective it is!Jasmine xx Jasmine Talks Beauty

• Jodie Moores
      January 12, 2017 / 9:44 pm

Yeah it's incredible for the price, my skin always thanks me for it the next day and just looks so much clearer! x

12. Fariha
    January 13, 2017 / 1:41 am

I really need something for my blemishes. The blemish mask sounds perfect. Thank you for the suggestion!Fariha | http://blog.farihawajid.com

13. Catherine W
    January 13, 2017 / 4:31 pm

The Philosophy Hope In A Jar sounds like a dream! I love their products xoLove, Catherine

14. The Makeup Directory
    January 13, 2017 / 6:53 pm

I really want to try Nip + Fab, I keep hearing amazing things about all their products! Definitely made a note of all of these products though as I'm always after blemish-busting skincare!The Makeup Directory

15. Pia @ Gymbags and Jetlags
    January 14, 2017 / 2:09 pm

My skin always freaks out when I come home from school to NYC. I could definitely use these all!xx, Piahttp://gymbagsandjetlags.com

16. Regina (mybeautymusings)
    January 15, 2017 / 6:13 am

I love Philosophy's skincare, will have to try renewed hope in a jar! =)xoxoReginahttp://mybeautymusings.com

17. The Sunday Mode
    January 27, 2017 / 12:24 pm

I usually go straight to the Mario Badescu drying lotion when my skin is breaking out but I think I'll look into that super facialist mask- hopefully it's gentle enough for my skin!Julia // The Sunday Mode

18. Ella lily
    January 31, 2017 / 12:25 pm

If you are looking for products that are the best natural skincare for aging skin, there are some ingredients that you should be looking for specifically in these products. Address

19. Jal Pari
    December 19, 2017 / 9:29 am

nice article, thanks for the information.PK Domain providing low cost web hosting in Pakistan, free domain ,reseller hosting, dedicated support and your satisfaction as the best web hosting company. Best web hosting in Pakistan at an unbelievable price. Unlimited Web Hosting for just Rs. 1600 per year! Web hosting in Pakistan, PK Domain offer you high quality web hosting and web designing in Pakistan, we are one of the famous and oldest web hosting provider Company in Pakistan. You can get complete information about different packages of domain and hosting at http://www.pkdomain.com.pk.