What I Got For Christmas 2016

Anyone else a little nosey and love to know what people got for Christmas? As with every year my loved ones spoilt me and I received some gorgeous, thoughtful gifts.

This Christmas I had a lot of lovely beauty gifts under the tree which spurred me on to write this post. I think us beauty bloggers are pretty easy to buy for considering how much we ramble on about the things we love most.

When I saw that QVC stocked Tarte I knew I really wanted to try some bits from the brand. I received a set containing 5 full sized products and a makeup bag (full review will be coming soon). Another absolutely amazing gift set comes from Nars, they seem to nail it every year with their Christmas collection with this year being no different. The Digital World Lip Pencil set is perfect for a beauty junkie like myself, I love the formulation of both the matte and satin pencils – a welcomed addition to my over flowing lipstick collection for sure!

MAC’s pigments are a go to product for me when it comes to evening makeup and I’ve been eager to expand my collection. After hearing so much about Vanilla pigment I’m so happy to finally have it, spoiler alert – It’s gorgeous! Anyone who knows me well understands my love for Kiehls, on Christmas Eve I ran out of my trusty Ultra Facial Cream so to have my stock replenished just the day after was pretty amazing, I’m excited to try more from the Ultra Facial range too!

Vans seem to have made a come back and I’ve been eager to have a pair of trainers in my collection, so they just seemed the obvious choice! I’m still unsure on how to wear them best, but I do like the style and they’re seriously comfy! Lastly I received a gorgeous, handmade organic pillow mist from Bloom Remedies, similar to the This Works Deep Sleep pillow spray this stuff sends me right off to sleep containing ingredients such as Lavender and Ylang Ylang.

Unfortunatly we lost a close family member this Christmas which really put a lot of things into perspective for me. I feel so grateful to have been able to spend Christmas with my family and friends –  and of-course to receive these gifts! I’m sure I don’t need to disclaim that this is in no way bragging, but almost a preview of products that are likely to feature in reviews/ up and coming posts in the new year!

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas day… If you have wrote a similar post sharing some of your gifts this year then please feel free to leave a link in the comments so I can go and be nosey!

1. JaynieShannonx
    December 27, 2016 / 6:04 pm

These are lovely gifts. I still need to try the Kiehl products, hear so many good things about them!Jaynie Shannon | Beauty & Lifestyle xx

2. Tara
    December 27, 2016 / 6:49 pm

I've wanted to try the rainforest of the sea foundation since I realised QVC stocked it but I don't dare take the risk of trying to guess my shade! Can't wait for the post on the make-up bag to see what you think of it! http://taradaniella.com/

3. Steph Hartley
    December 27, 2016 / 7:26 pm

I'm so sorry you lost someone you love so close to Christmas – it's a horrible time of year for that to happen. At least you got to spend the day surrounded by loved ones though, and your presents are beaut!Steph x

4. Leanne Page
    December 27, 2016 / 8:41 pm

I'm so sorry about your loved one 🙁 You gifts look lovely, especially the Tarte set! I have the foundation so I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I have a similar post going live tomorrow 🙂 xxLPage Beauty

5. Jessie-Ann Lewis
    December 27, 2016 / 9:33 pm

Gorgeous photos! You had such lovely gifts – especially the NARS gift set. So sorry to hear about your family member 🙁 Definitely puts things into perspective, and sending you and all your family lots of love. xxJessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

6. Laura Louise
    December 27, 2016 / 10:45 pm

You got some lovely gifts, that Tarte set looks amazing! Cant wait to read the full review. Also, so sorry for your loss xxLaura | Blush and Bronze

7. Frances
    December 27, 2016 / 11:30 pm

Gorgeous gifts! I can't wait to hear more about the Kiehls products, I've only ever borrowed the Ultra Facial Cream when I stayed at a friends and loved it! I think it might be my next purchase when my bare minerals moisturiser runs out! xxfranceskayleigh.com

8. Dea Andriany
    December 28, 2016 / 12:13 am

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you and your family can find strenght.That Kiehl's set is so mouth-watering, it's really the best skincare products aroundSelene Addicted

9. Ambar Syed
    December 28, 2016 / 10:21 am

You got some really lovely bits – the Nars set looks gorgeous! Lucky you :)Ambar x | Her Little Loves

10. thatsellen
    December 28, 2016 / 1:39 pm

Looks like you got some lovely gifts! :)Ellen xhttp://thatsellen.blogspot.com

11. Keri H
    December 28, 2016 / 4:08 pm

Looks like a lot of great beauty products! What lovely presents. I hope you had a great holiday!Enclothed Cognition

12. Elena from Loovelle
    December 28, 2016 / 5:29 pm

i hope you had a very merry christmas lovely. i was lucky enough to get a new camera which is just perfect.❥loovelle.blogspot.com

13. Caroline Malone
    December 28, 2016 / 6:35 pm

Such gorgeous presents! I really want to try something from Tarte it sounds like such an amazing brand. Also so sorry to hear about your loss, it just reminds you to spend more time and stay close with those around you xxwww.iridescentplaces.com

14. Jess C
    December 28, 2016 / 8:28 pm

So many lovely gifts, I also received the same Vans. Sorry to hear about the passing of your family member. http://www.wheresmylipstick.com

15. Kathryn O'Connor
    December 29, 2016 / 5:17 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss lovely, such a shame.I'm so jealous of your Nars and Kiehl's bits, they're two brands I really want to get into in 2017! xKathryn | Chapters of Kat

16. Lucy Alice
    December 29, 2016 / 10:22 pm

So many lovely bits – I always forget QVC stocks Tarte, need to have a browse!Lucy | Forever September

17. Laura
    December 29, 2016 / 11:21 pm

I'm the same, I love to see what people get for Christmas! Looks like you got so many lovely things! Also I'm sorry to hear about your loss hope you are ok!Laurawww.mylauralife.co.uk

18. Regina (mybeautymusings)
    December 30, 2016 / 5:06 am

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! 🙁 I've come to realised that as long as we're healthy and alive, we have a lot to be thankful for. :') Stay strong!! xoxoReginahttp://mybeautymusings.com

19. From Aliona With Love
    December 30, 2016 / 2:55 pm

Love it. Please check out my NYE 2017 hairstyles tutorial!Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love Instagram @alionawithlove Twitter @alionawithlove

20. Gemma Louise
    December 30, 2016 / 9:14 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss at Christmas as well, life is so unfair sometimes. The same happened to my family this Christmas so I know how awful it is. I love those vans, I've had them since last year they're so comfy! xxGemma Louise

21. Jasmin N
    December 31, 2016 / 9:28 pm

So sorry to hear from your loss! I hope all the best for you and your family for 2017 🙂 ♥ Jasmin NLittle Things With JassyBloglovin’

22. Lynnsay
    January 2, 2017 / 9:46 am

I hope you had a lovely Christmas, these are some really beautiful gifts! The Tarte set looks amazing! I haven't done a blog post of what I got for Christmas, but I did a video instead! This is the link if you fancied a look: https://youtu.be/Kr7nZQ6iuJs Lynnsay xwww.sartorialscot.com

23. Lucy Lu
    January 12, 2017 / 5:59 pm

lovely photos! Absolutely love kiehls!Lucy xhttp://ohlucylu.blogspot.co.uk