Three to Try

With me spending most of my money on Christmas presents this month I have resorted to shopping my stash and switching up my everyday makeup routine that way, which I’ve actually quite enjoyed…

When it comes to lipsticks and choosing a high end brand to splurge on I always think of MAC, Chanel or TOM FORD – Never Laura Mercier. The lipstick pictured is a mini size of the Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Colour in Milkyway – £22. This is a true brown nude with a cool undertone, I have been pairing this with MAC’s Spice lipliner – still not over the whole 90’s nude lip look. It has a satin finish making it more everyday friendly and much easier to wear than highly pigmented/ matte lipsticks. It feels hydrating and creamy on the lips and used with the liner it lasts a good 4-5 hours. I love the packaging and I’m so impressed with the formulation, I’m eager to try more lipsticks from the brand!

I’ve raved about the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner – £14.50 before, so when I decided to try a brown liner I knew Stila was the brand to go for.  Since switching to brown I’ve barely been using the black, it completes a look without being over powering and compliments my eye colour much better than the black – If you haven’t already tried a brown liquid eyeliner then you need to, it’s perfect for everyday wear or with a brown smokey eye.

Lastly is a more affordable product from one of my favourite brands this year… NYX! Everyone raves about their lip options, which I love, but alongside that the blushers are so good, especially considering they are only £5.50. I have the shades Taupe, Nude’ Tude and Soft Spoken. Soft Spoken is a peachy pink shade with a hint of gold shimmer, it really lifts my pale skin and works well with pretty much any makeup look.

Bloglovin’InstagramTwitterPinterest

20 responses to “Three to Try”

1. Catherine W says:

Ooh lovely little picks! That NYX blush looks so cute, I must try a few more of their products out! xoLove, Catherine

2. Leanne Page says:

I really rate NYX blushes! Theres hardly anything from NYX that I've tried and haven't loved! I really need to check out Stila Liners, I've heard so many good things. I'm not sure if brown would work for me, but I'm always up for trying new things 🙂 xxLPage Beauty

• Jodie Moores says:

Yeah me too, apart from the concealer but everyone else seems to love it! Yes you do, if you like liquid eyeliner you'll love them 🙂 x

3. Lipstick & Confetti says:

I love the Stila liners – they're amazing!xo, Lizhttp://lipstickandconfetti.com

4. Ambar Syed says:

I love the Stila liquid liner – it's been a favourite of mine for about a year! Lovely picks Jodie :)Ambar x | Her Little Loves

• Jodie Moores says:

Thank you Ambar! So good aren't they, I used to hate liquid eyeliner because it never lasted on me but since having the Stila liner I've loved it! x

I'm always on the look out for new eyeliners to try out – think I'll have to add the Stila offering to my list!Lucy | Forever September

6. Cassie Hurwitz says:

The NYX blushes are so fantastic! I had one years ago and forgot how much I loved it. That shade in particular sounds stunning.blushandfairydust.blogspot.com

7. Alina Bostan says:

I've never tried any Laura mercies lippies but this sounds wonderful and that lip shade is gorgeous xBeauty with charm | ESTEE LAUDER GIVEAWAY

8. Fa nny says:

The Laura Mercier Lip Colour looks and sounds stunning, I love Chanel so much that I never think about Laura Mercier when it comes to lipsticks as well! http://fannyanddailybeauty.com

• Jodie Moores says:

Me too, everyone has their go to brand don't they! I need to start looking into more brands and trying out new products x

9. Honey says:

I would most likely go for the lipstick here :Dxo Honey – blog Royal Lifestyle – Twitter – Instagram

10. cindy elena says:

I love NYX products great quality at an amazing prize! xo| Cindy http://www.boringclothes.com

11. Lucy Rebekahh says:

That lipstick shade is absolutely beautiful!!! 😍