Menu

My Top 5 Nude Lipsticks

December 20, 2016

Some hoard highlighters or have an endless supply of mascara’s, but for me it’s lipsticks. I’m forever on the hunt for the perfect beige lipstick shade that’s easy to throw on and will look good with any makeup look, and these are my favourites from my ever growing collection.

RIMMEL THE ONLY 1 MATTE LIPSTICK: TRENDSETTER – £6.99* –

Not only is this a MAC Velvet Teddy dupe, but finally a true nude lipstick that suits my pale complexion. The formulation is one of the best I’ve tried from a more affordable brand, it’s matte without being drying on the lips. This is definitely the palest nude I’ll go for with a beige undertone, I have tried MAC’s Honeylove but it just washes me out. This is already on my repurchase list one I’ve used it up.

MAC’s VELVET TEDDY- £15.50

Talking of Velvet Teddy, I had to include it. Although I have a dupe, Velvet Teddy is ever so slightly darker, teamed with Spice lipliner it creates the perfect 90’s lip look for a night out. Like Trendsetter, VT has a matte finish, although the Rimmel lipstick formulation is really good, the MAC matte lipsticks really do glide across the lips without any dragging, so maybe a better option if you have very dry lips. This is the first MAC lipstick I have ever finished too, so that’s saying something.

CHARLOTTE TILBURY K.I.S.S.I.N.G LIPSTICK BITCH PERFECT – £23

This is probably the most reached for out of all the lipsticks mentioned. Ideally I need to find a dupe for this considering it’s £23 a pop, but for now I’m more than happy to pay a little extra because this shade is stunning. It’s a peachy pink nude with some shimmer running through it. This shade is so flattering and the shimmers manage to make my lips look fuller – always a good thing. The formulation is moisturising and feels comfortable, lasting around 5-6 hours when teamed with my favourite Charlotte Tilbury Lip Liner pillow talk, two fab picks as an everyday lip option if you don’t mind the splurge!

NYX SOFT MATTE LIP CREAM  STOCKHOLM – £5.50

I have so many of the Soft Matte Lip Creams and when I saw Vivianna Does Makeup  The Anna Edit mention Stockholm I knew I needed it! Stockholm is quite light but it has a hint of peachy pink in it, I can just about get away with it at the moment, but it is my go to summer nude when I have a bit more of a tan, lasting a good 5-6 hours during the day. The soft matte lip creams in general are a really good way to get the liquid lipstick/ matte lipstick look without something that is going to leave your lips too dry, some of my other favourite shades are Cannes and Antwerp.

Cally O'Neill says:

Lovely post! The shades all look really nice on your swatches. Stockholm is also one of my everyday Nude shades but I agree it looks better with a tan as I'm pretty pale too! I really like the formula of Rimmel lipsticks as well xCally | xcallyloves.blogspot.co.uk

Jodie Moores says:

Thank you Cally! It's lovely isn't it, I'm so happy to have the Rimmel lipsticks they're fab! x

Lou M. says:

Beautiful shades, lolita is gorgeous, I definitely wanna try ithttp://technicolor-heart.blogspot.com/

Kate Rose xo says:

Velvet teddy is one of my ultimate favourite lipsticks but I love the look of Lolita and the Rimmel one, might have to add those to my collection! xKate// itskaterose.blogspot.com

Cliona Hill says:

Stockholm is one of my favourite shades! Great post Jodie xxwww.clionahill.com

Lynnsay says:

Bitch Perfect is my all time favourite nude shade! It literally looks good with all makeup, I love it!Lynnsay xwww.sartorialscot.com

Jodie Moores says:

It does doesn't it! I'm yet to find another lipstick with the same effect! x

Grace Campbell says:

All of these colour look so so stunning!!Grace xhttp://graciebellblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

Lipstick & Confetti says:

Lolita would be on my list too! Great picks :)xo, Lizhttp://lipstickandconfetti.com

Gemma Louise says:

I love Bitch Perfect and really need to wear it more often as I photograph it all of the time but rarely wear it! I always dig shades like that out in the Spring/Summer. I have the KVD Liquid Lipstick in Lolita II and it's one of my faves, I'll have to get Lolita too! xGemma Louise

Jodie Moores says:

I seem to gravitate towards it, I agree it's perfect for spring! I really want to try Lolita II it looks stunning x

Dany Queen says:

Lolita and Velvet Teddy are some of my favorites! I really want Bitch Perfect and hearing that it pairs so nicely with Pillow Talk, I may have to pick that up as well!xx Dany | The Queens Empire

Jodie Moores says:

I love the combo, it's just so easy to throw on! Everyone seems to love Lolita, such a universal shade 🙂

Renae Vinzant says:

The Rimmel Lipstick looks so beautiful and the perfect nude color! I'm such a huge fan of nude-pinks, so it seems right up my alley. I'm loving Colourpop in Contempo at the moment, which is a great 90s style pink!Renae | renaekae.wordpress.com

Jodie Moores says:

I've never tried anything from Colourpop but only heard good things about the lip products, sounds perfect!

Danielle Alexa says:

These are all basically all of my nude favourite lipsticks, especially Bitch Perfect!Danielle xxhttp://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

Jodie Moores says:

Glad to hear it, it's my absolute favourite, so easy to wear! x

The Makeup Directory says:

Love your picks! I have to be really careful with nude lips as I have really pigmented lips so anything too pale washes me out, I tried on Bitch Perfect but it didn't suit me, I was gutted!! I'm getting Velvet Teddy for xmas, I can't wait to finally try it!The Makeup Directory

Jodie Moores says:

Ahh no way, I'm the opposite and have literally no pigmentation naturally so everything looks very dark on me. Really hope you love Velvet Teddy, it's a classic! x

Alina Bostan says:

You can't go wrong with a good nude lipstick and you have some amazing shades to choose from. Love the look of Velvet Teddy and Trendsetter, so gorgeous xBeauty with charm | ESTEE LAUDER GIVEAWAY

Jodie Moores says:

They're lovely, love having them both but Trendsetter is a really good dupe! x

Catherine says:

LOVE Velvet Teddy, my all time go to nude lipstick! Great post. xo Catherine | Beauty by Catherine

The Bookworm Beauty says:

I really want to try Velvet Teddy! I love MAC lipstick. http://thebookwormbeauty.com/