Brand Focus: Kiehl’s Skincare

This year I vowed to stop
splashing out on highend lipsticks (which was ambitious, still splurging on
expensive lippies) and switch to spending more on skincare.

Kiehl’s is the first
brand I looked into, it’s not affordable by any means but for the quality, I think the price is reflective. I started off with their Ultra Facial Cream – and now I have quite a collection.

CALENDULA FACIAL WASH &
TONER*

I picked up the Calendula
facial wash back in September –
no other cleanser has had a look in since! This is a foaming cleanser, but don’t let that
put you off, teamed with the
Magnitone my skin feels like it’s had a good deep
clean and is refreshed, not dry or stripped of moisture. After cleansing I sweep the Calendula toner* all over my face with a cotton pad, these two products combined are perfect for anyone with oily skin. Since using this duo my skin hasn’t been producing as much oil throughout the day and has been
relatively clear of breakouts!

ULTRA FACIAL CREAM – £24

Ahh, the trusty Ultra Facial
Cream! This is the stuff that really got me into skincare – I’m on to my 3rd
pot! Back in January my skin was oily but so dehydrated, in serious need of something that would be moisturising without being greasy or too heavy. The
Ultra Facial Cream is just that – since using this my skin looks more plump and
fine lines have been settled. Keeping my skin moisturised and hydrated has also made my makeup look 10x better and last 10x longer, I’m use this cream religiously now.

ULTRA FACIAL OVERNIGHT HYDRATING MASQUE – £28

One of my all time favourite face masks and hardly anyone knows about it… When my skin is looking dull and dehydrated this is my go to. At first this tingles on the skin and feelings really cool and refreshing, after 15 minutes I tissue the excess product off and that’s it! In the morning my skin is less parched and looks more refined and glowy. I’ll definitely be repurchasing this when I run out.

CREAMY EYE TREATMENT WITH AVOCADO* – £20

Only recently have I
religiously been using an eye cream every morning and night. The Philosophy Take a Deep Breathe eye cream is my favourite for the morning as it absorbs
into the skin a little quicker – perfect for the morning rush. For the evening the
Creamy Avocado Eye Cream has become a firm favourite. I was intrigued when I saw Avocado, one of my favourite foods in my skincare? How? Honestly, when I first saw how
small the pot was I was a little disappointed, then I realised that a little
goes such a long way. This is so hydrating and like the Ultra Facial Cream – non greasy. Since using this my under eyes are much brighter and my concealer sits
a lot better without creasing. If you don’t already use an eye cream I would seriously consider
investing!

POWERFUL STRENGTH LINE REDUCING CONCENTRATE* – £59

Last but not least, (at a more premium price point) is the Line Reducing Concentrate. This is essentially an anti aging product. Seems daft for me to be mentioning it considering I’m in my early 20’s, but I have really noticed some differences in my skin since using this. Used once a day for the past 3 and a half weeks, the fine lines on my forehead have pretty much gone! My skin is much softer and the overall appearance without makeup has become bearable. Obviously the products aforementioned have contributed to my new well behaved skin, but I can’t imagine my evening skincare routine without this serum!

If you haven’t tried Kiehl’s
before I would recommend the Ultra Facial Cream out of all of these products. It
seems regardless of skin type this works for most people really helping to balance out the skin. I have the Midnight
Recovery Concentrate on my wishlist – currently kicking myself for not picking it up during
the 20% off they did during Black Friday!

Bloglovin’InstagramTwitterPinterest

1. Frances
    December 9, 2016 / 8:51 am

Wow what a little collection of Kiehls you have! I must try that eye cream, sounds dreamy! XxFranceskayleigh.com

• Jodie Moores
      December 12, 2016 / 4:33 pm

I'm a little obsessed haha! It is lovely, a real life saver this time of year! x

2. The Makeup Directory
    December 9, 2016 / 3:09 pm

Last year I used the face cream every night and my skin was SO good over winter. As winter is coming round again I've noticed my skin getting worse and worse so I really need to repurchase it!The Makeup Directory

• Jodie Moores
      December 12, 2016 / 4:37 pm

I found exactly the same thing, really saved my skin! x

3. JaynieShannonx
    December 9, 2016 / 5:29 pm

I've heard so many good things about this brand. I really want to try them! The eye cream sounds great!Jaynie Shannon | Beauty & Lifestyle xx

• Jodie Moores
      December 12, 2016 / 4:40 pm

I really trust Kiehl's, everything I've tried is fab! It's lovely, I'm so impressed

4. thatsellen
    December 10, 2016 / 10:53 am

I've never tried anything from Kiehls but I really feel like trying out that eye cream! Sounds amazing! :)Ellen xhttp://thatsellen.blogspot.com

• Jodie Moores
      December 12, 2016 / 4:40 pm

It's lovely, a really good one to start off with because it's not too heavy!

5. The Makeup Aficionado
    December 10, 2016 / 12:48 pm

Kiehl skincare is definitely something i want to get into, especially their midnight recovery oil and eye creams. http://www.themakeupaficionado.com

• Jodie Moores
      December 12, 2016 / 4:45 pm

I really want to try the Midnight Recovery Oil, it's next on my list!

6. Dea Andriany
    December 10, 2016 / 12:50 pm

Kiehl's is my best skincare discovery so far, every single product I've used doesn't disappoint. I really recommend MRC, it's the best thing ever invested on earth, I swear ;)Selene Addicted

• Jodie Moores
      December 12, 2016 / 4:45 pm

Ahh stop, that's another thing added to my wishlist haha!

7. Danielle Alexa
    December 10, 2016 / 4:09 pm

I love Kiehl's, I really want to give some of this stuff a go!Danielle xxhttp://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

• Jodie Moores
      December 12, 2016 / 4:45 pm

Ah you should, so worth the money! x

8. Alina Bostan
    December 10, 2016 / 4:19 pm

It's definitely worth spending more on skincare then it is on makeup sometimes, because at the end of the day you want the skin underneath the makeup to be well looked after. KIELHS is a brand I am eager to try out in the new year xBeauty with charm

• Jodie Moores
      December 12, 2016 / 4:47 pm

Couldn't agree more, it's fab! You won't be disappointed, the skincare consultations are so good! x

9. Sophie Wuthrich
    December 11, 2016 / 8:04 am

Lovely post! I've never tried anything from this brand as my budget is still in the drugstore. But after reading your thoughts on these products I'm definitely thinking of purchasing one or two products, particularly the Ultra Face Cream or the Masque. I've been wanting to invest a little bit more in my skincare as well so this post was incredibly helpful!-Sophie xx || Cherries and Perfume

• Jodie Moores
      December 12, 2016 / 4:48 pm

Thank you Sophie! Yes, even if you just get the Ultra Facial Cream, I saw such a difference when I invested in my skincare – well worth it 🙂

10. EMILY VALENTINE PARR
    December 11, 2016 / 10:42 am

We are eye cream twins. I use the TADB eye cream for day and this avo one by Kiehls at night haha xx

11. Melanie Rose
    December 11, 2016 / 12:54 pm

Kiehl's sounds like such a lovely brand! xMelanie | Lilies Beauty – A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

12. Lucy Alice
    December 13, 2016 / 4:06 pm

I absoloutely love Kiehl's, and have used their oil-free face wash for ages – really need to pick up a few of their other products!Lucy | Forever September

13. Becky Smith
    December 25, 2016 / 7:06 pm

I've only just recently had my first real experience of Kiehl's and I'm a big fan of their Daily Reviving Concentrate and the Ultra Facial cream x Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty