2016 Highlights

I really wanted to start this post with something witty and original – it’s proving difficult. This time last year I felt ready for the new year, I had a rough idea of how 2016 would go. This year I feel unprepared, who knows what will happen next year! I wanted to reflect on some of the highlights of 2016 before I start thinking about my goals and how I would like next year to pan out…

March 2016

We have a home – well kinda…

Earlier this year my other half became a home owner, he works away so we’ve have decided to rent it out so I’m still living at home for now. I’m so proud of him for managing to save and become a landlord so young.

May 2016

I bought my first car

I passed my driving test just before I went to uni but decided I just didn’t need a car whilst I was there, to finally have my own little car sat on the drive is so much more rewarding than I ever thought it could be. It’s my own little hub to sing as loud as I want to all the 90’s music I want.

June 6th 2016

Finished University – forever!

Noticed there wasn’t any highlights between January to March? That’s because I had a pretty shit time! Finishing all of the studying and moving back home felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. Looking back now it doesn’t even feel like I’ve been to uni, a very strange feeling! I have wrote more about my thoughts on uni and my experience if you fancy a read.

June 19th 2016

We got Engaged!

Having been together for exactly 5 years my now Fiance proposed in Paris. It was such a surprise and he did so well to keep it a secret, how I had no idea I don’t know. We’re hoping to get married in 2018 but so far finding a venue has been a struggle, hopefully within the next few months we can get the venue boxed off and start organising the fun bits.

June 22nd 2016

Started a job in Social Media/ PR

Anyone sometimes feel like the outsider in social situations and become a little awkward? I thought that starting my full time job I would feel like this, but I couldn’t be in a better place than I am now. I feel so lucky to be in a job straight out of uni that I love!

As you can see the middle of year was pretty eventful, between then and now I have just been working mostly and trying to save for the wedding!

Are there any stand out moments for you in 2016?

1. Ashley Christabelle
    December 26, 2016 / 11:26 am

Oh, I loved reading this post, Jodie! Despite the setbacks we all have in life, it's important to focus on the good ones that we went through in the past year. I hope you have a great 2017! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. xwww.ashrealasitgets.blogspot.com

December 27, 2016 / 7:07 pm

Thank you Ashley, so glad you enjoyed it! Exactly, I couldn't agree more. Hope you had a lovely Christmas and Happy New Year! x

2. Honey
    December 26, 2016 / 12:31 pm

Sounds like you had a pretty awesome year all in all :Dcongrats on everything :)xo Honey – blog Royal Lifestyle – Twitter – Instagram

December 27, 2016 / 7:07 pm

I did Honey! So grateful for all of the positive things 🙂

3. JaynieShannonx
    December 26, 2016 / 1:24 pm

Lovely post, sounds like an awesome and very grown up year! The only reason I want my license is to sing in the car haha!Jaynie Shannon | Beauty & Lifestyle xx

December 27, 2016 / 7:10 pm

Ahh yes I did Jaynie, now I just need to move out! Haha it's a must! x

4. Lauren Victoria
    December 26, 2016 / 2:28 pm

Sounds like you had some wonderful times this year! Have a great 2017. P.S I can't wait till I have my own car so I can sing to my hearts content hahaha xxLauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

December 27, 2016 / 7:12 pm

Yes luckily I did, it just went by so quick! Yes, so worth it haha! x

5. Lucy Alice
    December 26, 2016 / 6:03 pm

Sounds like you had an amazing year Jodie, congrats again on the engagement I think thats so super exciting!Lucy | Forever September

December 27, 2016 / 7:14 pm

Aw thank you Lucy! We've made some progress since I wrote this post with finding the perfect venue, so fingers crossed the next wedding related post I can share the venue we have gone for! x

6. Parie Joshi
    December 26, 2016 / 6:44 pm

Sounds very fun and busy!! Here's to another exciting year!Parie xClass and Glitter

December 27, 2016 / 7:14 pm

Hopefully Parie! Thank you x

7. Wanderlust Girl
    December 26, 2016 / 6:51 pm

Wow, Jodie! 2016 for you was quite the full year, and I couldn't be happier for you. Congrats on everything. I didn't have many huge highlights, and now that I look back the biggest one I have was passing my learner's test. xxKyia at WANDERLUSTGIRL// Lifestyle & BeautyLet’s be BLOGLOVIN friends!

December 27, 2016 / 7:16 pm

Thank you lovely! Amazing to pass your learners test, I hope you have a fab 2017 x

8. Hannah Lucy
    December 26, 2016 / 11:02 pm

You've had such an incredible year! I hope 2017 is just as amazing!Hannah | Oh January

December 27, 2016 / 7:17 pm

I really have, it's been hectic! Thank you, I hope you have a great 2017! x

9. Lynnsay
    December 26, 2016 / 11:25 pm

It sounds like you've had a great year! I'm in that horrible final year of uni stage right now, so I'm hoping that by March things start to get good again!xwww.sartorialscot.com

10. Gemma Magpie
    December 26, 2016 / 11:55 pm

Oh wow what an amazing year! Congratulations on your engagement- I hope the new year is even more amazing for you xx

December 27, 2016 / 7:18 pm

Thanks for commenting Gemma! I had such a fab year, hope you have a great 2017! x

11. Danielle Alexa
    December 27, 2016 / 10:02 am

Sounds like you had such an incredible year and congratulations on your engagement!Danielle xxhttp://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

December 27, 2016 / 7:26 pm

I did, thank you lovely! Hope you have a great 2017 x

12. Ambar Syed
    December 27, 2016 / 12:09 pm

Such a lovely post Jodie, I only recently discovered your blog but it has quickly become one of my favourites. Your writing style is so lovely, not to mention your photography. Sounds like you have had some amazing times this year, I really hope that 2017 brings you lots more happiness and success. It's so strange to read this post as you've achieved exactly what I'm hoping to achieve next year. I'm graduating in a few months, and I definitely want to work in PR. I'm terrified of what is to come but excited too. Here's to the new year, let's see what it brings! :)Much love,Ambar x | Her Little Loves

December 27, 2016 / 7:24 pm

Thank you so much Ambar! I've noticed your support on my recent posts so thank you, it means a lot, your blog is fabulous too! It's been a pretty hectic year, I'm sure you will be able to achieve it! I can't wait to see what you get up to throughout the year, huge good luck to you – I'm sure you don't need it! xx

13. Melanie Rose
    December 27, 2016 / 12:13 pm

Loved reading this! Your 2016 sounds like it's been a great year! xMelanieLilies Beauty

December 27, 2016 / 7:35 pm

Thank you Melanie, glad you enjoyed it! It was pretty fab x

14. Jessie-Ann Lewis
    December 27, 2016 / 12:25 pm

It sounds like you've had a truly fantastic year! I hope it continues for you in 2017 and congratulations on all your wonderful achievements. xxJessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

December 27, 2016 / 7:38 pm

I really did, on the whole it was fab and I can't believe it's nearly over! Thank you so much, so lovely to see how well you have done this year too, hard work pays off! x

15. Jasmine Stewart
    December 27, 2016 / 2:28 pm

Wow it sounds like it's been a whirlwind of a year for you 🙂 congratulations on all the achievements and milestones you've reached this year!Jasmine xx Jasmine Talks Beauty

December 27, 2016 / 7:42 pm

Thank you Jasmine, it's been hectic and gone by so quickly! So nice to see how well you've done this year too! Hope you have a fab new year x

16. Veronica Bizzarri
    December 27, 2016 / 2:57 pm

So glad that 2016 was filled with many happy moments and achievements! Wishing 2017 will be as great for you Ronniewww.veronicabizzarri.blogspot.co.ukxx

17. Carly C
    December 27, 2016 / 7:52 pm

Great post and congratulations on the engagement. I need to think about my 2016 highlights as gonna share a post on it soon but from the top of my head I don't remember anything major happening 🙁 should have completed my fitness course but now that's been prosponed till end of Feb! xhttp://www.lifewithcarlyc.com

18. Diana Maria
    December 28, 2016 / 5:17 pm

Congratulations on the engagement, that's such exciting news! As well as finishing University, I remember what a great feeling that was when I graduated. I hope 2017 holds great things for you Jodie! xxMy Lovelier Days

19. Gluten and Me
    January 1, 2017 / 2:09 pm

This was a really rewarding post Jodie to me as a reader, I loved hearing your positives of the year. Everyone talks about 2016 being a bad year, yes awful things happened but there are so many positives which I think people tend to forget about. Congrats on the engagement (I'm a new reader so I haven't had the chance to say it yet), hope your 2017 is even better than 2016!Jenni // glutenandme24.blogspot.co.uk