Products on Trial/ First Impressions

I have been trying out quite a few new things this month, a lot of which was sent to me, so “blogger mail” if you like. I often do unboxing’s on my snapchat so if you like that sort of thing then add me (jodiemelissaxo). I thought I would do a round up/ first impressions of the best bits and show you a few new things.

SHADOW SWITCH* – £5.99

If you are a little lazy when it comes to washing your brushes (like me) then I think you will love this. Honestly, I was sceptical as to how well this would work. Obviously this isn’t a deep cleanse for your brushes, but to take off excess eyeshadow this is pretty fab. I find it a really handy tool to clean my blending brush when doing a smokey eye look so I don’t have to have more than one brush. I think this would make a fab *dare I say it* stocking filler for any beauty lover.

ROGER & GALLET SKINCARE*

What a gorgeous package to receive. Having never tried any Roger and Gallet products before I was so excited to get my hands on some. My favourite of the two has to be the Beauty Vinegar, I can’t even put into words how refreshing and lovely this feels on the skin. I have been using this as a toner after cleansing and before moisturising, I find that my skin feels refined and smooth after use, exactly as the product says. The ingredients are gorgeous, and I can’t wait to see the long term effects of integrating this into my routine.

L’OREAL FALSE LASH SCULPT MASCARA – £9.95

When I saw the wand to this my first impression was that it just wouldn’t work. Typically I prefer bristles over plastic, so this was a little out of my comfort zone. I decided to go for it anyway, when I first used this it added a little too much volume for my liking, making my lashes look a little spider like – Now I have the hang of the applicator and how much to apply, I like how much volume this provides in just one coat, it is incredibly quick and easy to use leaving me with thick, long lashes all day. With no transfer either, which is a massive thing for me as a lot of mascaras let me down when it comes to this.

LITTLE KNOWN BOX* – £14.95

Subscription boxes are great, is there anything better than a little gift for yourself once a month? One thing I have been loving from the box in particular is the Lash Unlimited lashes in the style #8. They remind me of my absolute favourites – Ardell Wispies. Overall I love the packaging and branding of the box, a lovely one to check out if beauty boxes are your thing!

MAGNITONE* – £70

I thought I would save the best till last. I have been wanting to try a facial cleansing brush for about a year now, I have oily skin prone to blackheads and breakouts, so as you can imagine this really appealed to me. I don’t have one bad thing to say about this, if you are on the market for a reasonably priced daily cleansing brush then look out for my autumn/ winter skincare post where I’ll be doing a full review of this little gem!

What products have you been trying this month?

Bloglovin’/ Instagram/ Twitter/

18 responses to “Products on Trial/ First Impressions”

1. Abigail Alice x says:

I would love to try something from the Roger and Gallet range it sounds lovely and i adore trying new brands i havent heard of before!Abigail Alice x

2. Elena from Loovelle says:

i really want to get more into facial cleansing brushes. my friend uses the foreo luna and she swears by it. i really want to try it myself.❥loovelle.blogspot.com

• Jodie Moores says:

I would really recommend them, I used to have small under the skin spots that just didn't go, this has managed to get rid of them. It just leaves my skin feeling really clean, the Magnitone cleanser is definetly worth it, and more affordable than the clarisonic! x

3. Anonymous says:

The Loreal False Lash Sculpt Mascara is definitely on my "to try" list for when the mascaras I'm currently using run out, I've heard some amazing things about it! Maya | http://www.makeupnskinblog.wordpress.com

4. Megan Elizabeth says:

I really like the sound of Shadow Switch, why haven't I even thought about a magical product like it? xwww.itsmeganelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

5. Lizzie Schofield says:

I've been trying a Clinique cheek crayon which I am loving and Gimme Brow fromBenefit, both great so far! :)http://www.thebutter.co.uk/?m=1

6. Jennifer cheetham says:

Gorgeous photos lovely, they remind of Kate La Vie – beautiful! I love the look of the lashes you feature, definitely going to be checking those out. I've been trying out some Alpha H products this month, really enjoying them so far!www.Barely There Beauty.com | British-Korean Beauty & Lifestyle blog xx

• Jodie Moores says:

Ahh no way! She is such a inspiration I love her blog, thank you! I have been interested in the Alpha H liquid gold for a while now, it sounds fab x

7. Tia Katarina says:

I love your blog photography! And I've always loved everything from Roger & Gallet, I had no idea they branched out and made skincare as well. This Beauty Vinegar sounds perfect for me!Tia | The 10am Blog

8. Lauren says:

So glad I stumbled across your blog 🙂 Your blog photography is absolutely gorgeous! Lauren – http://www.theyoproedit.com

9. Ariadna Morell says:

Just found your blog and I have to say I love your photography!! SO gorgeous guurl! I recently got a new KIKO lip liner which was my first KIKO product ever, I totally love it! xAriadna || RAWR BOWS

10. Caked to the Nines says:

Those false lashes look beautiful! Shadow Switch is seriously a genius idea. I need to pick it up!xxNida | Caked To The Nines

I really want to try the L'Oreal False Lash Sculpt mascara – lovely post!Lucy | Forever September

12. Isobel Celine says:

The magnitone brush I am dying to try as well as the l'oreal mascara, as I've heard some good things about it!Isobel xLatest post: https://goo.gl/IXfMpULatest Video: https://youtu.be/182tNHtkifIInsta: https://goo.gl/WGxKx2Bloglovin: https://goo.gl/EG8OQW