Beauty, makeup, Uncategorized

Live Love London; Affordable Makeup Review

I would say 75% of my makeup collection is now highend products, with the other 25% being things I love just as much, but they’re a fraction of the price. Today I wanted to focus on affordable beauty, so I’m swapping my highend products and trying out a full face of Live Love London*

I applied my usual base and then went straight in with the Matte Bronzer. There are no orange or really warm undertones, yet it isn’t too cool that it looks like a contour, a really good middle of the road shade. It lasts pretty well on my skin, by the end of the day there wasn’t much left, but being an oily skin gal that’s quite standard for any product. Anyone else now in a routine where they just can’t do their makeup without adding highlighter? I wanted to love this as it’s so affordable, but the colour transfers as a really warm and golden highlight, which just isn’t for me. The blusher in this range is the winner out of the lot, this is the shade “love blush joy,” it is a pale pink/ peach that is going to be lovely for spring. It lasted well throughout the day and feels like a really high quality powder, even though I think it retails for a couple pound.

My lips get quite dry so I’m pretty fussy with lip products if I’m honest. The formulation of these is quite different to what I’ve tried before, they’re almost slippery in texture, but they don’t cling to any dry patches and are buildable in colour, so for the small price tag attached to them I think they’re pretty good! The pale nude pink is named “Intense Nude Lip,” it is pretty much what the name suggests when the colour is built up. A light layer of this and I’m good to go, it isn’t the most long lasting lipstick I’ve tried, but it doesn’t fade obviously or go patchy. One thing that doesn’t quite impress me is the scent, they smell pretty awful. The lipgloss showed up basically clear, but the consistency is actually rather nice. It’s not sticky, not runny, and not uncomfortable or drying on my lips.

Honestly, a full on contour just isn’t my thing, but I wanted to put the palette to the test anyway. I prefer to contour in a more subtle way, so I applied the lightest shade in the palette in the usual places to highlight, and it actually did a really good job at making everything look a little more sculpted (which I need). I feel like the middle row would be perfect for anyone that’s paler and looking for an affordable contouring product. The colours in the eyeshadow palette are actually really gorgeous, it houses 18 different shades so it is brilliant for travelling, or just adding more colour into your collection. The quality is ok, some of the eyeshadows are better than others. I was really impressed by the paler shades, a lot of the time they can be chalky and barely pigmented, the 3 in this palette blended well with good pigmentation.

Have you tried Live Love London?  Plus let me know your favourite affordable makeup in the comments!

Keep up to date with my posts through Bloglovin’ make sure to check out my Instagram
 and twitter for daily updates!


    Jess | The Indigo Hours

    April 15, 2016Reply

    I love the look of the highlighter, what a shame the colour wasn't quite right for you! The blusher looks super pretty too ♥Jess xo | The Indigo Hours

    Sinead Godden

    April 15, 2016Reply

    I haven't heard of this brand before, but I am going to have a look now. That eyeshadow palette looks stunning! Great post xLove Yourself Beauty

    Jess Tabinor

    April 15, 2016Reply

    Firstly, incredible photography here! I've never heard of this brand, looks interesting though, I will have a look into them!Jess | x

    Lisa Santos

    April 15, 2016Reply

    I have more high street makeup than high end and I love it x Never heard of this brand but it seems great!

    Shireen L. Platt

    April 16, 2016Reply

    This is actually the first review that I've read on this brand, haven't seen it on any beauty blogs before. I reckon they are UK only brand?Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    The Sunday Mode

    April 16, 2016Reply

    I've never heard of this brand before but their bronzer sounds pretty promising. I find one of the hardest things with affordable bronzers is they're often too orange or warm.

    Alina Bostan

    April 18, 2016Reply

    I haven't tried out this brand yet but they remind me of Makeup Revolution a little bit. I'd love to try out their contour palette, it looks great xBeauty with charm

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.