Wednesday, 21 September 2016
50 Things To Do This A/W
I'm already wrapping up and feeling the cold - that's the issue with living up north, and with Autumn starting tomorrow (yeahhhhh, seriously where has this year gone?) I thought this was very appropriate... In no particular order, these are just 50 (very lighthearted) things you could do this A/W...
1) Get one of those roll neck/ turtle neck/ high neck jumpers (what are they actually called?)
2) Wrap up and go for long walks
3) Make a hot chocolate with all the trimmings
4) Have a bath, atleast once a week
5) Treat yourself to a Jo Malone candle - best waste of money ever
6) Carve a pumpkin and put it on Instagram
7) Get the MUG eyeshadow in Cocoa Bear... You do need this.
8) Watch Elf atleast 4 times
9) Rock a burgundy lip, Charlotte Tilbury "Glastonberry", I'm looking at you
10) Make gingerbread men
11) Go to a independent coffee shop and tell Starbucks where to stick their red cups - sorry not sorry
12) Stock up on the festive lush collection
13) Visit a Christmas Market, some of my faves are Chester, Manchester and Birmingham
14) Buy some fluffy socks - to be safe get those one with the sticky bits at the bottom so you don't break your neck on your laminate flooring...
15) Wear red glittery nails atleast once
16) Buy a pretty flask and drink stupid amounts of tea
17) Learn a new skill, I'm hoping to master photoshop
18) Go hunting in the boxing day sales... from the comfort of your own home online!
19) Wear a Christmas jumper for the majority of December
20) Read more books
21) Meet up with someone you haven't seen in a while
22) Kiss someone under the mistletoe
23) Buy some new cosy pj's
24) Eat alllll the pigs in blankets
25) Make a linkedin profile, or if you already have one keep it updated - It is more valuable than you think, and chances are you'll be indoors bored much more than you were in the Summer
26) If you haven't already seen The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones, drop all plans, watch them all, binge watch!
27) Buy sparklers and write your name with them
28) Have a mini break in a cosy cottage - preferably one with a Jacuzzi
29) Have a night with your friends that contains alcohol, food and cards against humanity
30) Donate warm clothes to charity
31) Get out the old family photos and dwell on how cute/ awful you looked, and add in some photos from this year
32) Moan on twitter about how early the Christmas songs have come on the radio
33) Buy a pretty winter coat - Miss Selfridge is fab for them
34) Actually get round to sending some Christmas cards instead of a Facebook message
35) Put a car blanket in your boot - A bit of a boring one, but I could have just saved yo life
36) Get a Argos catalogue and get gift inspiration/ relive your youth and circle things that you want
37) Eat a toffee apple and break your teeth in the process
38) Try and head down to London during the festive period, it seriously gets you excited for Christmas
39) Start making plans/ goals for the New Year - Any excuse to buy nice stationary, right?
40) Buy a new moisturising face mask, I recommend the Origins "Drink Up" mask
41) Take a picture of your winter boots mixed in with the leaves, effortless Instagram picture right there
42) Use the hashtag #winteriscoming for every single Instagram post you make
43) Make soups from scratch
44) Buy a new evening/ party dress that makes you feel amazing
45) Do the no spend challenge for January/ try to
46) Put all your old clothes on eBay and have a clear out ready for the new year
47) Buy theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer, still my holygrail highlighter and especially for winter, so much glowwwww!
48) Snuggle under a blanket all day with your favourite person/ people
49) Drink mulled wine, or any wine/ Presecco/ Champagne you can find (and nibbles)
50) Spend less time on social media and be with your loved ones
And that's it, 50 things do to this A/W! Let me know your suggestions, both the serious and not so serious ones...
© Jodie Melissa | All rights reserved.