One thing for me that I love about photography is the ability to revisit memories and have the happiness they brought triggered again, New York was an experience I will never forget. My second holiday out of Europe (the other was Egypt) and I managed to fund the experience (and the shopping) myself. I have listed some of my top tips if you're a first timer in New York
- Don't walk everywhere. Yes do your walking around and try to see everything but I think it is worth getting a couple of taxi's or even the tube here and there otherwise it can get really tiring - I may have got a little grumpy..
- Eat in nice places. You're going to New York, so it is worth spending that extra money on some nice food experiences while you're there... Do your research before hand and book some tables in some well rated restaurants. I loved Ellens Stardust diner, just brilliant.
- BOOK TO SEE THE STATUE OF LIBERTY IN ADVANCE. Unfortunately it was something I missed out on because I didn't book in advance, and by advance I mean atleast 30 days.
- See a Broadway show, I saw Matilda and it was perfect.
- Stay somewhere central, it will be a massive help.
- Visit Grand Central, visit Central Park, visit the Natural history museum, all worth it
- Go to the Top of the Rock, I prefered this experience much more than the Empire State.
So here are just some of the snaps - I think I took around 600 (no joke) but I am so glad I did.
For me those photos make me fall in love with New York all over again, an experience everyone should have!